Thread: FL VS Reason

Da59 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

FL VS Reason

Sign in to disable this ad
    Reason Essentials 1.5
    VS
    FL Studio 10 Fruity Edition

Is Reason Essentials capable of matching FL studio fruit? If not, can u please be specific about the drawbacks (so i know if its important to me or not)

BeatGenerals is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Not sure what Reason Essentials is but I used Reason for a while back, both can give you the same sound quality but I just prefer the workflow in FL Studio.

High Quality FL Studio Tutorials

http://www.beatgenerals.com

MrWonderful is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks
    Dude get Gargeband.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks
    Reason essentials is very powerful. Its a stripped down version of Reason so you don't get all of the stock modules but the modules you get are solid. Out the box I cannot think of a better value for $99 and you can upgrade it with Rack Extensions when you deem it worthy honestly looking at the list of what comes in Essentials right now I cannot think of anything missing that cannot be replaced with an equally good rack extension if required.

mcslimb is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    FL Studio so easy, for everyone ! ok

901_Rice_Street is offline Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
    Thanks
    Reason Essential. I'm biased though. I would say FL Studio is superior over Reason Essentials.....but dudes don't spend money. Having FL Studio and spend the money on all the good stuff needed...yeah. But the amount of thieves and crooks that use FL Studio.....I'll never represent that piece of shit. And it's not even anything against piracy....it's like the foodchain is FL Studio > $10,000 in pirated software > bragging rights on youtube for using the same synth used in the recreation of a popular song.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!!

Better eat your Wheaties

Leave them Fruit loops alone.
    Last edited by 901_Rice_Street; 02-09-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    likes this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 901_Rice_Street View Post
    Reason Essential. I'm biased though. I would say FL Studio is superior over Reason Essentials.....but dudes don't spend money. Having FL Studio and spend the money on all the good stuff needed...yeah. But the amount of thieves and crooks that use FL Studio.....I'll never represent that piece of shit. And it's not even anything against piracy....it's like the foodchain is FL Studio > $10,000 in pirated software > bragging rights on youtube for using the same synth used in the recreation of a popular song.

Better eat your Wheaties

I don't even get why people pirate plug ins. Most of them are cheap. $100 is nothing if you can make some dope beats and flip that hundred back in a week or so. Or even better get a job. I like having a regular pay check I get new plug ins every payday lol

Thanks

Better eat your Wheaties

I'm a huge advocate of FL, but I agree with this. As much as I emphasize the DAW doesn't make a difference, I often bounce back to Reason, Pro Tools, and MOTU BPM for producing because you can get caught in the monotony of cookie cut stuff that can be done in FL. There's a million producers making trap beats in FL as we speak. If you know the ins and outs, you start relying on the same overused patterns that can be done in seconds in the step sequencer, the leads off harmor and harmless, those same ethereal pads found in everything these days. Not to mention, if you're going with the popular vstis(Nexus, Gladiator, Sylenth, NI stuff, ect.)you think you're expanding, but still getting more raped libraries.

Soon as I load up Pro Tools and go into stock stuff in XPand2, Structure, Vacuum, and Hybrid(I suggest anyone using Pro Tools buy it)I instantly have a fresh sound that expands ideas. Not to mention the mod wheel works so i can manipulate as I play without all that assigning in FL I really don't want to waste time doing. Same with Reason(even though I'm using 6, not essentials), I'm not saying this stuff can't be done in FL, its just FL techniques have been ran in the ground so much you're gonna sound like everyone else until you do SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Years ago i loved FL because I was on it when people were still MPC crazy. Same rules apply to any device that's too dominant in music at the time(now people gonna pretend they don't remember when everything sounded like it came off an MPC... all the choppy samples, 1 note basslines, too much swing for the sake of thinking it "added soul")

Tools don't have a sound until you fall into the cookie cut techniques they provide for everyone, but, because of the current direction of music, FL makes it too easy to fall into those realms no different than an MPC did in 1999-2003 no different than a Motif did when Dre/Storch/JR Rotem had those keyboard string and repeat chord piano beats in style.

Other Daws make you come up with different approaches to get that same "current sound" that makes you spawn more originality IMO. Same time, gotta respect FL, it annihilated those Motif beats i was talking about by bringing more intricate sounds and sequencing to to the table than workstation keyboards were capable of.
    likes this.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

901_Rice_Street is offline Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xabiton View Post
    I don't even get why people pirate plug ins. Most of them are cheap. $100 is nothing if you can make some dope beats and flip that hundred back in a week or so. Or even better get a job. I like having a regular pay check I get new plug ins every payday lol
    It's an addiction worse than meth. Worse than nicotine. It destroys the lives of millions of up and coming producers. It leads to depression.

I was going to buy 6.5.......but I jumped from 3.0 to Essentials since it was on sale $79. I ain't missing Thor, Kong, ect. Only thing I miss is Malstrom. Wish they would sell it as a RE....maybe when 7 comes out. I messed with the predator RE..... About to check out that new $9 modular synth builder whatever thingy.

It's right up my alley. But I'm still Cubase all day.
    Last edited by 901_Rice_Street; 02-10-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    It's an addiction worse than meth. Worse than nicotine. It destroys the lives of millions of up and coming producers. It leads to depression.

I was going to buy 6.5.......but I jumped from 3.0 to Essentials since it was on sale $79. I ain't missing Thor, Kong, ect. Only thing I miss is Malstrom. Wish they would sell it as a RE....maybe when 7 comes out. I messed with the predator RE..... About to check out that new $9 modular synth builder whatever thingy.

It's right up my alley. But I'm still Cubase all day.
    Those modular RE synths look dope for $9 each. I only bought Re Predator and Echobode but I haven't been using Reason as much as I used to. I mainly use Live now. I recently got Maschine and I am working that into the workflow as well but I only pull up Reason now for the sound libraries I have for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information