FL Studio wont play!

TurnItLoud

Hey, can anybody help me here? When I press the play button in order to play the sequences in the play list, it doesn't play. Three dots appears in place of play button, and in the corner when i press it, it says "Waiting for input..." however it never plays and ive even waited for a half hour with the play button pressed to see if it was my computer lagging. It never played. Has anybody ever experienced this before? ANybody have any ideas what this could be?

Thanks for the help!

^^^ agree, check all your settings, input and output, restart your pc, or the program once youve switched your settings around if you choose to do so.

Ok, so I restarted my computer, FL Studio, I havent changed any settings and im not running any other programs..and still it happens. I wasn't messing with anything, just doing my regular arranging of the mix and all of the sudden it happened. I haven't changed any settings, although i'll try and set them back to default. Is there a way because I havent found it yet.

Last edited:
this is one of the reasons alot of people in the busines dont upgrade to certain things like indies and other up comming cats do because of precautions... you want something reliable, when i turn on my pc i know what to expect, but when i upgrade to version 10 when theres gonna be glitches and other stuff which is gonna have me download more software to do this that and other, which is gonna slow down the cpu etc. kinda like vista people figured vista was the shyet it was hot it was new and it was garbage for producers, not to mention all of the new pc come with it so its a big pile of shyet for those that thought they should upgrade..

point being bro i dont know if you're 10 yrs old or 20 or if you been making music for 5 mins or 5 yrs... but if you've been making music for awhile and you're using Fl studio im sure you've used previous versions and im sure they worked out great, im still using version 5 and people always ask me why i dont upgrade and i ask them why should i, so i can have the same problems you're gonna have, plus you have to get use to the new features etc

Wow u have the wait for input button smart butt lol look in the area where it says "321" and there will also be a little keyboard. One of the features should be "wait for input" turn it off. Its basically waitin for u to start playing and soon as u touch a key its gonna start.

This happened to me and i fixed it (if you have win 7) by pressing the speaker icon as if to lower volume and at the top there is another icon. In your case its probably either a speaker or a pair of earphones. press it. Then i went to "advanced" and changed the sample rate to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (cd quality). Hope it helps

Check your audio settings, also if using ASIO, make sure it's coming out the correct sound-card By default mine comes out an inactive one lol.

Back