Fl Studio vst multiple sounds

M

Musikal1

I used to have edirol orchestral and i never figured out how to use the 16 other instruments(besides the first one) ive always had to open a couple vsts and it wastes too much CPU now ive came across another vst with the same problem.
Ive tried the midi out but every time i set the port to a specific number it always links me back to the first sound on the vsts channels,Then on the vst wrapper ive tried switching the input to number 2 and it still plays the first instrument(default one) on the VST.
Im pretty sure im doing something wrong can anybody help?

make a midi out for every instrument you want to use in your vst. set the port numbers to correspond with the vst's port number BUT change the channel number to pick the slot in the vst. channel 1 will control the first instrument in the said vst...channel two will control the second.

then from here you probably want to route the different instruments from your vst to the mixer channel. so you go to that little botton on the top left of the wrapper around the vst and go to the second tab and that is where you choose what channels on the vst go to the mixer channels.

so it goes midi out-->vst-->to FX channel

2 things you need to do....and 1 thing you need to keep in mind...

The 1 thing you need to keep in mind: From my experience, Edirol Orchestal can only have 4 different output tracks to the FL mixer for each instance of the "Edirol Orchestral" vst in a channel.

1st thing you need to do: Click on the "gear" icon in the upper left corner of the Edirol Orchstral plug-in window. Click on the "processing" tab. Then set the Orchestral 1/ Orchestral 2 box to --. Set Orchestral 3/ orchestral 4 to 1, set Orchestral 5/ orchestral 6 to 2, and 7/8 to 3.

2nd thing you need to do: Set the outputs of Edirol orchestral accordingly: click the "output" button on the right side of the Edirol Orchstral plug-in window. Set whatever "channels" you want to be routed to the respective track....1-4. They correspond to the same tracks you just set in the processing window. 1 = 1/2. 2 = 3/4. 3 = 5/6. and 4 = 7/8.

So depending on which track in the FL mixer you route the main "Edirol Orchestral" channel to (in the upper right corner of the FL channel window, the box labeled "fx"), it will take up that one plus the next 3 on the FL mixer.

Example: If I route Edirol to track 6 of the FL mixer using this setup, the first "channel" within Edirol will be routed to track 6 in the FL mixer, the second "channel" within Edirol will be routed to track 7 in the FL mixer, and so on...Edirol will occupy tracks 6-9 in the FL mixer...

But like Wedges2 said, in order to utilize those extra tracks you need to create "MIDI Out" channels in the step sequencer that have the same MIDI port setting of Edirol. So to use each of the 4 available outputs of Edirol you have to add 3 MIDI Out channels.

You will probably want to save a separate "performance" file for each FL project/beat you are using Edirol Orchestral in, because it doesn't save your instrument selections or modifications with your FL project (in the Edirol main plug-in window, click the "system" button on the right side of the window, then next to "performance", hit save.) Every time you load up that project within FL you will also have to load the Edirol "performance" file to get your instruments and outputs back.

Peace!

What a pain in the ass,appreciate the info also is it that hard for every vst? or are some easier etc(example pls)

It's really not that hard at all. It's necessary to achieve what you want. After I got used to the process, it literally takes me about 13 seconds to set that up, it's like 8 mouse clicks, maybe 15 including setting up the MIDI outs, but I made a template with all that already set up...

It's just more intimidating in text. Some vst's are different, but in order to get multiple outputs you will still have to set up the "processing" tab like I told you for each vst. I have to do it for Miroslav Philharmonik and every other vst I use multiple outs with.

Don't be lazy (no hate).

Peace!

I did the processing tab thing + setting the outputs but switching through channels & everything i cant seem to get another sound but the vsts stock 1st channel sound =/ i kno im doing something wrong

I did the processing tab thing + setting the outputs but switching through channels & everything i cant seem to get another sound but the vsts stock 1st channel sound =/ i kno im doing something wrong

Not sure exactly what you're saying there, but I might have a solution if its the simple problem I'm thinking of.

Edirol is kind of funny in how it works... So in order to change the patch/preset instrument on channel 2 within Edirol, you have to open the main plug-in window. As long as that window is open and you play some notes, you're only going to hear the first Edirol channel being triggered, no matter what you do to any other channels within Edirol. To get the second channel within Edirol to play, you need to have the corresponding MIDI Out channel in the FL step sequencer selected (the little green light next to the channel name lit up.) But because of that, you can't play those sounds and tweak them in the Edirol window at the same time. As soon as you open the Edirol window to change the patch or tweak it, it goes back to playing only the first channel. So there's a lot of clicking back and forth between the main plug-in window, and the MIDI Out channels to hear what you're changing.

Hope you can understand that, its really simple, I can't explain it very well. If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know and I'll post up some screenshots illustrating what I'm trying to say.

Peace!

I appreciate this,Couldnt find one damn tutorial all over google but this should help others in the future too idk why edirol does that switching thing but its really a buzz kill.

Sorry to bump a 4 year old thread, but it was the first google result when I was looking into the issue.

So I'm experimenting with the Orchestral VST in FL Studio; I have 10 channels with 1 instrument loaded into each of them. Every time I close the project or FL crashes (it does that quite often) I have to re-select the intruments or load a performance for each of them. Is there still no better way to handle it after all these years? Does the VST only behave like this in FL or is it the same in all DAWs?

Back