Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FL Studio vs Reason

iLLementz is offline Registered User

FL Studio vs Reason

Sign in to disable this ad
    sup FP fam, any of you guys use FL Studio and Reason?

there's a significant difference in quality between the two IMO, and was wondering if it is due to the software or just that the sound bank of Reason is superior to fl studio? don't get me wrong, i've dl a bunch of drumkits and what not and im not using the stock sounds in fl studio lol.

nonetheless i'm trying to achieve the crisp/fuller sounds of Reason using FL Studio and feel like it has something to do with stereo imaging? any suggestions?
    Last edited by iLLementz; 11-28-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    New Beat Tape coming soon! Watch the trailer rexmakesbeats.com | just listen.
    http://soundcloud.com/thoroprod/03-be-with-you

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King

looks like using rewire works hopefully it wont kill my cpu ram

10ndaYii is offline Estoy humanos amigos !
    FL sounds are awesome to me !!

rapt0r is offline Member
    FL - very fast workflow
    Reason - very predictable sound output after rendering that is very suitable for electronic music.

If you are type of person who feels music already "hear in head" what you want, FL is your pick. Grab sample from left side, like it, put it in. Everything goes so rapidly in FL if you have mastered it, and if you want to lay down whatever you are "hearing in your mind'" It's choice for you. Also, everything else is easy to do in it too, automations, build in LFO's for parameter adjustment automations, everything happens realy quick.

My pick is FL.
    [SIZE=3]- [URL="http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/content/44-things-i-ve-been-learning-while-school.html"]SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS![/URL] -[/SIZE]

KelevraOne is offline Not too Kelevra son
    try learning a little bit more about mixing. No one D.A.W. sounds better than the other it's all about the artist using it. Key thing I always see in threads like this is some guys can mix well on one d.a.w. and not so well on the other

Quote Originally Posted by KelevraOne View Post
    try learning a little bit more about mixing. No one D.A.W. sounds better than the other it's all about the artist using it. Key thing I always see in threads like this is some guys can mix well on one d.a.w. and not so well on the other
    i agree with this but im saying that when u load the same sounds into the each DAW, all things equal, the sound is much clear/crisper/fuller in Reason vs FL Studio ...

KelevraOne is offline Not too Kelevra son
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLementz View Post
    i agree with this but im saying that when u load the same sounds into the each DAW, all things equal, the sound is much clear/crisper/fuller in Reason vs FL Studio ...
    not really no. If I load the same kick in Reason and in Fl studio and play them both back. without looking at the screen you wouldn't be able to tell which program it came from. this is one of those age old arguments that pops up every couple of months with D.A.W.S

MrWonderful is offline Insane FP Patriot
    I use them both, if you don't you're a ****ing bozo.

Dubsteppz is offline DJ Phryxus
    I have both but only use FL. I tried reason, and it it simple and complex at the same time. I admit that I could get some SWEET sounds out of thier synths, but i have an ENDLESS NI Massive sound library, and FL Studio's processes are simple and to the point, so there isnt any wandering off trying to find out how to do what or where something is, you just make beats until they sound good, lay them out on the clipboard where you want them, and viola, you have a track. I have also tried ableton, but only bought the trial version, and i never really like it, so im going to stick with FL Studio from now on as a producer. I also use Virtual DJ for DJ'ing, and i know that sounds really cliche, but i like it over traktor and mixxx so, basically, I have my stuff planned out. And I would highly reccomend that you use FL Studio. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information