Fl studio mixer automation

MrWonderful

Check out that video.
Pretty sick right?

When I automate 3 samples ie. hi hats. To 3 different channels. My FL starts acting all funny, the effects in the mixer tracks take a 5 seconds to load up, the program seems like it's gonna glitch.

Be warned when doing this, I wasn't even using 8% CPU in FL.

Just a quick caveat to y'all.

Hmmm what are you running because I just went into FL and automated six things without a problem or a delay at all? I also signed in over on Image Line and did not see it as a reported problem from users. I also forwarded the link to a friend who runs a studio down in California to test this out and it worked fine for him as well.

Are you running 10 or some older version? If you are running 10 I would make sure you have the latest update. The latest version is 10.5 which if I remember right came out in April. So I would do that and see if that helps.

Do you have other things running that may cause FL to have a conflict?

Lastly, what are the specs on the machine that you are running this on?

IDK something is wrong here, but it is not an issue with FL Studio doing this trick in and of itself, so I think we need to look closer at your isolated situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm it's not that I never thought that was impossible... I just never thought about trying that. Thanks for the share!

ANother thing to be aware of is that some plugins have a delay on first use. For example, there are some plugins made with SynthEdit that lag my first beat. So when I press play the first beat is lost, but when I render it comes out fine. Try it with the FX disabled on all channels and see if it happens. If not, then one or more fx may be at fault.

Back