FL Studio audio issue

Rysky

I've been having a really strange issue that I haven't experienced before in FL Studio 11 that I really can't figure out how to solve. I've been using an M-Audio FastTrack preamp for the past year and have never had any problems with it until just yesterday. For some odd reason whenever it's active in the ASIO window then my audio (for everything) becomes very distorted (i.e. ripping, crackling, popping) so obviously my first reaction is to change up the latency. I've spent the last hour or so trying different sample rates in both the ASIO window as well as the M-Audio window and for some reason this problem just doesn't seem to go away. Does anybody know what else I could do? Or does anybody know of any possible interferences that could cause this?

Last edited:
6.0.7, which I believe is the most up-to-date driver out right now. I'm just now starting to troubleshoot my hardware to see if it is the issue.

Last edited:
I do, I haven't used in a while so that's a good idea. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

No luck, still getting the same problem. Not sure where to go from this point, I'm getting pretty frustrated with this now, it's really putting a damper on any creative inspiration I had today :(

last remote trouble shooting thought - when did you last do a cold start? i.e. full shut down power off at the wall then power on and restart

Looks like I won't be recording anything anytime soon, I've tried so much. I even followed a step-by-step ASIO troubleshooting guide in the FL Studio manual, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, unplugging other hardware, nothing seems to work, as a last resort I'm probably going to end up completely reformatting my PC. It's a huge pain in the ass but I really don't know what else I can do here.

Back