Fl Studio 11 Side Chain issue

RiskTaker

I have recently been producing complextro and obviously side chaining is very important for this genre. When I go into my mixer and side chain to the different basses I am getting all of the effects that I added to the bass also added to my kick. Should I try the peak controller method instead of just going into the mixer and side chaining that way? Or is there like a disable fx send in the mixer than i'm unaware of?

Thanks guys.

The side chain is sent after the inserts.

I'm confused though. Are you side chaining or just sending the audio? You shouldn't have a scenario where say, you side chain a kick to a bass and the kick is somehow getting the effects that are on the bassline's channel (not unless you take an extra step to purposefully make it happen like that. The default won't). If that's the case, you aren't side-chaining, you're just doing a regular send.

Well I link the kick and bass both in the mixer on separate channels. Click the kick then move over to my bass and right click that up arrow on the mixer channel, click side chain to this track and then adjust the knob on the bass channel, so your saying i should be adjusting the send channel instead?

[video]http://flskins.com/tutorials/2-ways-sidechain-fl-studio[/video]

Last edited:
Back