FL & Pro tools?? what chu think?

Dirt Dog

is it possible? cause i love FL For sequencing & Drums
but for my Sounds i have to confirm and set parameters for every VSTi, cause it mess up my work flow?

i thought about it, and seriously thinking bout considering it if its possible cause i wont' have to bounce it for mixdown and i can directly mix it and save the session.

and i was also thinking bout buying some racks
like a Motif ES and Fantom XR- with my Xboard and MPD 32
(Would a High in converter makes a diffence?)
but yea FL sucks for hardware cause i tried it with my casio
and it was low quility and out of sync and it once again messed up the workflow.

What up i use pro tools as my master and Fl studio,Reason, and a whole lot more rtas plugins. I like it good work flow once you get it down

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Casio WK-1800 76 keyboard with Fl Studio Producer and have no problems but I hook it up through my Tascam US-428 audio/MIDI interface and hook up MIDI cables...

Dirt Dog said:
is it possible? cause i love FL For sequencing & Drums
but for my Sounds i have to confirm and set parameters for every VSTi, cause it mess up my work flow?

i thought about it, and seriously thinking bout considering it if its possible cause i wont' have to bounce it for mixdown and i can directly mix it and save the session.

and i was also thinking bout buying some racks
like a Motif ES and Fantom XR- with my Xboard and MPD 32
(Would a High in converter makes a diffence?)
but yea FL sucks for hardware cause i tried it with my casio
and it was low quility and out of sync and it once again messed up the workflow.

go into Protools and rewire FL in ,is the beat way ..i do it this way for my mix downs (the protools mixer is so much better)

Sqito said:
How did you connect your Casio with your PC?

use a midi to USB converter ,or direct line out the headphone jack ..but it will be mono and sound like ****

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Fantom Rack Im looking to sell, mint condition.

PM me if you're interested.

fataltone said:
I use a Casio WK-1800 76 keyboard with Fl Studio Producer and have no problems but I hook it up through my Tascam US-428 audio/MIDI interface and hook up MIDI cables...
same here,i have ma casiuo connected thru maudio midi box and everything is quite ok.

:victory:
fataltone said:
same here,i have ma casiuo connected thru maudio midi box and everything is quite ok.

Last edited:
is it possible to rewire protools / fl studio using the digi02????....i really like pro tools workflow/ over all feel for audio rather then say cubase....im not a huge fan of the m-audio stuff....also how does the digi compare with say RME ff400...or apogee???

what if i convert them to vst and install and authorize it right

no you cant. you CAN get a converter that will allow you to run VSTs and AUs inside Protools but there is no converter for the other way around. that means:

A. Run Protools and FL via Rewire with Protools being the master or

B. Run Protools by itself and forget about FL.

Back