Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do You Use Logic + Reason or Logic as a Standalone?

NollieNick is offline Registered User
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I am a new producer, and purchased logic about 8 months ago. Logic is fairly easy to learn, took me about 6 months to start producing decent stuff. The workflow is somewhat slow with arranging and what not, but after trying several other daws: REASON, ABLETON, CUBASE. I suppose it is a personal preference really, but in my oppinion logic is a fine software, is very intuitive, and just makes a lot of sense (for the most part), and version 9 is i believe 200$ right now, it has a great array of virtual instruments, samplers, drum machines, effects, etc. and most everything you would need to master or mix an album. I highly recommend it, and if you only like it for certain things you can always rewire/ etc. and would def be a good addition to you arsenal. Hip hop production is pretty decent on logic, but I have found it stands out in producing house and more electronic type of music (for me anyways). But is good all around. 5*+++++
    Last edited by NollieNick; 12-20-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: idk

3rd class is offline Registered User

Cool Logic is Good For Me Too As A 6 Month User...

I Like All The Tracks And Stuff ..I have Just Lost My 2nd Monitor So My Reason 5 Rewire-ing Has Gotten A bit Tedious...I'd Love To Compare Notes ..I am In A rush To Finish a Tune Today ..And I Don't Know How To "friend And Such On This Site ..But Hit Me up With a Friend Request?..And Lets Talk Shop ..Cheers And Merry Rockin'!!!

Akhtrance is offline Registered User
    Im using logic 8 at School and i dont Thing you really Need reason if youve got logic, because of all the build in sounds of logic.

dmensah1 is offline Registered User
    i use both but i dont really rewire. some days i just like to work in Reason, some Logic. doesnt have to be an either or situation. You certainly can rewire into Logic and thats something that I may do more now that Reason has rack extensions that I cant get as a plugin for Logic. but if you already have some high end plugins in Logic like NI Komplete, then Reason isnt all that necessary. I like Reason due to the filters you can now use for Guitar and you cant use them in rewire mode.
    likes this.

3rd class is offline Registered User
    what drums do you use ?..What Pianos Do You Like?...I Like REAL ..ROCK Sounds...VERY little Hip Hop $ Techno ..IF ANY ..So I try To Get REAL SAMPLES ..Of My Own PREVIOUS MASTERs ..but I Would Like To Know What Others Like?..Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

what drums do you use ?..What Pianos Do You Like?...I Like REAL ..ROCK Sounds...VERY little Hip Hop $ Techno ..IF ANY ..So I try To Get REAL SAMPLES ..Of My Own PREVIOUS MASTERs ..but I Would Like To Know What Others Like?..Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information