Thread: Digging and Sampling on Ableton

milesg2g is offline The Wavvy Ness Sage

Digging and Sampling on Ableton

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys if you didn't know already, I use Ableton and I sample a little bit. I feel as if I'd probably be able to sample a little better if I could hear responses from other producers, Ableton or not on how they sample. (Mainly Ableton Users haha)

On Ableton do you use a midi controller to sample? Like a MPD of some sort or even a MPK? Also do you use any specific type of template for the DAW that makes it easier for you?

Keep in mind I'm not asking "How do you sample?" I know how to sample and I think I'm getting better at it, I just want to know from fellow Ableton users, or people that are familiar with the DAW how do they approach their samples. Thanks!

-Milesg2g.com
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

chief rocka is offline Registered User
    i sample and use ableton i just load the audio sample, and select the part i want, slice it to 1/8 1/4. depending on the sample **** mainly **** with the controls... and as far as hardware i just use my keyboard because i'm a broke mother ****er haha.

honestly ableton is ****ing made for sampling especially compared to the other DAWs I've used

milesg2g is offline The Wavvy Ness Sage
    Hahaha thanks glad someone can relate, I didn't get certain parts of your posts because of the censoring. But yeah I really really love Ableton and Live 9 has me hungry for more. I just want to master it n all of it's praises.
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

datsnork is offline Registered User
    Depending on the type of material I go either choping to drumracks, usually by warp marks I place myself, or I use audio clips.
    Sometimes I find audio clips easier, especially for longer samples that you don't need to play out.

Thread Information