Thread: Digging and Sampling on Ableton

milesg2g is offline The Wavvy Ness Sage
    Thanks

Digging and Sampling on Ableton

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys if you didn't know already, I use Ableton and I sample a little bit. I feel as if I'd probably be able to sample a little better if I could hear responses from other producers, Ableton or not on how they sample. (Mainly Ableton Users haha)

On Ableton do you use a midi controller to sample? Like a MPD of some sort or even a MPK? Also do you use any specific type of template for the DAW that makes it easier for you?

Keep in mind I'm not asking "How do you sample?" I know how to sample and I think I'm getting better at it, I just want to know from fellow Ableton users, or people that are familiar with the DAW how do they approach their samples. Thanks!

-Milesg2g.com
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

chief rocka is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    i sample and use ableton i just load the audio sample, and select the part i want, slice it to 1/8 1/4. depending on the sample **** mainly **** with the controls... and as far as hardware i just use my keyboard because i'm a broke mother ****er haha.

honestly ableton is ****ing made for sampling especially compared to the other DAWs I've used

milesg2g is offline The Wavvy Ness Sage
    Thanks
    Hahaha thanks glad someone can relate, I didn't get certain parts of your posts because of the censoring. But yeah I really really love Ableton and Live 9 has me hungry for more. I just want to master it n all of it's praises.
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

datsnork is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Depending on the type of material I go either choping to drumracks, usually by warp marks I place myself, or I use audio clips.
    Sometimes I find audio clips easier, especially for longer samples that you don't need to play out.

Thread Information