Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which DAW should you use?

kimmag is offline Registered User

Question Which DAW should you use?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello! I'm new here, my name is Kim, and I come from Norway. I've been producing for around 5 years, and I've only been with FL studio. (I bought it some years ago.)

I've been discussing very much lately about which DAW you should choose. Many people says that "Fl studio sucks, its for noobs!" and "Pro tools owns the shit out of FL".
    The discussion is non-ending, it lasts forever..

I'm starting to get pretty sick of FL's interface, and I feel that I want to try something new. I produce generally in the genre Hardstyle, hiphop beats, and film scores. Which DAW would you convert to?

I've heard that mostly the DAW's ain't any different from other things than the interface, but if there are any difference in sound quality and so on, please tell me.

So, Pro's and Cons about each DAW would be beautiful. (Cubase, Reason, Pro Tools, Logic, Fl.)

ObiK is offline IK Multimedia
    Whichever is the most comfortable for you. Try out a few demos. I personally prefer Reaper.

quike is offline Registered User
    I've been using reason for couple years and it's great. One huge disadvantage is that it don't support vsti!
    I tried reaper and meh I was disappointed liked reason interface much better.

Just different. Maybe you should try FL its a pattern based sequencer.

[F_or_DEAF] is offline Insane FP Patriot
    honestly, it's all about SHORTCUTS, KEY-COMMANDS / HOT-KEYS and WORKFLOWS...

demo a few of the more popular ones to figure out which one "CLICKS" for you...that's the only way to really be sure...no way to side-step DEMOING apps...

MegaloDeez is offline Registered User
    I use reason because of the interface and my familiarity. I use Reaper for additional reaper. Ive tried FL, and Cubase, but they werent for me. But its really about what makes you comfortable. Stick with FL and add new elements with other programs. Like it was suggested up top, try some demos, Reason, Cubase, ProTools etc...Good Luck, keep rocking!

When it comes to Shortcuts and key commands Reaper is a clear winner as anything and EVERYTHING can be assigned to key commands. Even multiples clicks, going through menus and much more.

[F_or_DEAF] is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
    Reaper is a clear winner
    i believe it...but Presonus Studio One Pro hasn't made me complain about ANYTHING...(EXCEPT TRANSIENT DETECTION)

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

like pro tools "tab to transient" feature...that was my favorite feature about pro tools...

the editing modes was ALSO a really handy feature...

Studio One has been gaining ground in the DAW wars.

Jolly_J is offline Registered User
    i starded with magix music maker 14 xD now i use Ableton Live 8 that iis great

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information