Which DAW?.......reason user

T-Break Famalay

Ok, i been using reason for a good few years now, LOVE IT! But i have never rewired at home, i had a brief spell where i tried FL wif reason (didnt really like it personally). Its now got to the point where im dribbling looking at some of the VST's people are using (theres some really incredible ****) plus i got a bunch if plugins i have never really utilized just sittin there. Not only that, i do wish to be able to lay down reference tracks and utilize some live percussion etc.....SO.......where do i turn? i pretty much know how to use cubase, pro tools, live and logic but im running windows vista on an average pc (its not amazing but it gets me by) and i dont want something thats gonna CHOMP my cpu.

so opinions and suggestions are all welcome (as long as they are good for the thread) i want something that works well wif reason but also makes me use reason less (get what i mean?!?!), i just want some new things to play with to be honest lol

HELP PLEASE!

thank u

breaks

Man honestly, I'd go with Ableton Live. That's my main thing now. I've rewired it with Reason before, but I don't really do that too much anymore. The more you get into it, the better it gets. I guess at first, I wasn't really feeling the 2D layout/color scheme, but man... The possibilities are really open.

If you wanna use a DAW for Rewire Ableton is the way to go...but in my opinion Reason still remains the best program out there...and besides that wait for september when record comes out and you will be able to record all your percussiona nd vocals inside of it !
as far as sounds....man there is nothing I will ever need except reason and the refills I like....everything else is in mixing ! And the way you work with rexfiles is just the best thing ever !
also dont just stick with the effect devices thats in there try to use some sendeffects from the preset effect-combinators they are damn good ! and Scream is definetely pushing your drums to such a fattnes like no other program will be able to do that easily !

Reason 4 ever ! Thats all I can say !

I rewire with cubase 5, its very easy and probably the most effective because stienberg collaborated with reason to create rewire. since steinberg also created the vst it is a pretty stable host. cubase five also has pitch correct which is a fun little autotune type plugin. that would be my opinion, but live would work too. if money is tight maybe check out reaper but Ive never used it.

I like Cubase for looping. The sample manager in Cubase is beyond anything I've ever seen. Everything syncs to tempo directly in the browser. midi files, midi loops, every type of audio file, rex files, everything. Just hi light it and it syncs to tempo. Files don't need to be acidized, or anything.

Live is also interesting for messing with loops. But beyond messing with loops, I don't use Live for anything else. What I really like is being able to automate the pitch of an audio file. It's very experimental and that's now how I prefer to work, but you can come up with some nice loops that way.

Back