cubase vst v. cubase vst32

i think the only real difference is that cubase VST/32 can do 32-bit recording and plain cubase VST cant

fluxtah

100% right, fluxtah !

VST: 16- or 24-bit recording
VST/32 : 16-, 24- or 32-bit recording feature

You have consider if you really need the 32-bit recording for yourself; simply if you aren't, then you don't need the VST/32 !!

Peace !! :cheers:

Hi THM,

I just got a delta 1010, I am pretty much a quality more than quantity man nowadays, would you advise me to work in 24 or 32?

at the moment i got it set up so its 16 bit 48khz.

regards

fluxtah

From a pure quality point of view I would take 32-bit...

BUT:

* I can insure you that the audible difference is extreme little or even nihil

* in your case - considering the M-Audio Delta 1010: I think the Delta 1010's best quality is 24-bit 96kHz (or am I wrong and is it 32-bit ? )

CU :cheers:

Last edited:
yep its max is 24-bit , i havent tried 96khz recording yet, even with my 1.7 athlon xp chip and IBM hd's i dont think my system could handle such a high sampling rate!

might be worth a try though... to busy making tunes to find out! still i would go for the quality if it was worth while, i guess 48khz is ok for pro work?

fluxtah

I think 32bit comes into it's own when mixing, because it gives you more headroom/dynamic range.

I think so; I don't know at all how many people really already use sample rate's from 48khz or 96khz. Anyway it's hard to find samples with that rate...

ive started to use 48khz, only cause i used to use the sblive with APS drivers which need 48khz rate to get 8ms of latency.

also, ive heard that 32-bit doesnt clip!! nice :)

get the normal version... the 32 costs a LOT more and you wont hear the difference unless you have a very very high-end studio.

I agree with ManoOne, unless you have 32bit gear to match it wont make much of a difference...it will end up on cd at 16/44.1 anyway or a mp3....

all digital can clip unless you are using something like a neve capricorn or sony oxford. (million dollar digital mixing boards).

just for the record 44.1 khz will let you record frequencys up to about 22khz (nyquest theroy) basically anything over 22khz will be lost (rember we only hear like 20hz to 20khz.).......so 96khz would do 48khz and so on

see 48khz is not divided 44.1khz (this is so we cant copy digitaly from dat to cd (ie;optical) anyway I could write an essay going into detail but........

Have to go to work If anyone wants Ill explain the whole Sample rate thing in detail later this evening.

plus you'll need and incredibly BIG and fast hard drive and the analog gear you use must be of the highest esoteric voodoo quality, I have not seen any 32 bit converters yet, if you record with 24 bit converters the extra bits will be truncated I think...

So it;s settled then, just the regular Cubase VST 5.0 all the way.
:dj:

stoned loner said:
So it;s settled then, just the regular Cubase VST 5.0 all the way.
:dj:

get the 5.1 actually :)
you can order from music123.com or musiciansfriend.com they sell it for about $300. totally worth it

all digital can clip unless you are using something like a neve capricorn or sony oxford. (million dollar digital mixing boards).
Thanx for that, Housefly ! :cheers:

Back