Cubase 5 & Triton Rack Setup

menoza

I`m not sure if this is a software problem or hardware problem.

I don`t hear any sound coming out of my Triton Rack unless I plug my headphones directly into the Triton. I have audio coming out of the speakers through iTunes and I am able to record with my mic in Cubase and play back fine. Also, the midi seems to be set up correctly because I can see Cubase recording but I don`t hear anything. If I switch the recorded midi to another track with a computer VSTi I can hear everything fine.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have my Triton audio outs connected to line 3 & 4 of the Tascam but no luck.

Setup:

Cubase 5
Triton Rack
Tascam US-600 Audio Interface
M-Audio ProKeys 88 Controller

Thanks

It's not necessarily a problem. Looks like you have everything plugged in correctly. The US-600 is probably not routing the inputs back to its outputs for monitoring. It's possible that you can enable the monitoring in its control panel but it may not have the function since it's not really intended for that.

Like you figured out, midi doesn't transmit audio to Cubase, so the Triton outputs have to be plugged into something that will let you hear the audio. You can enable monitoring through Cubase, but this is often not good because it follows a software path, so the audio is delayed. The best option would be to do it with the interface control panel if it supports the function.

Back