Can't get VST to work in Ableton 7

I

inkexit

I installed Miroslav Philharmonik on my PC. I didn't change the deafult directory it installed to. I launched Ableton 7, went into preferences and directed the custom plug-in folder to the directory where the VST installed: c:\program files\ik multimedia\miroslav philharmonik\instruments

Then I hit "rescan". But the vst didn't show up in the plug-ins or the instruments folders on the left side of the screen in ableton. I shut down and restarted Ableton, but no help. I also turned on the "search in path" and the "automatic rescan on each search" options, but still no luck.

I don't get it. What am I doing wrong? Should I move the Miroslav folder in the Ableton Program folder? If so, which folder exactly? I looked through every folder inside the ableton live folder, but couldn't find any VST folder.

Please help!

Make sure the .dll file of Miroslav is in the vst folder that you directed Live to.

I don't see a .dll file anywhere in the Miroslav folder. They're all .sth .sti .stip .stv and .stw files.

Then that's the problem. If you don't know where the .dll file is, then you can't tell Live where it is, and Live can't open it.

I don't see a .dll file anywhere in the Miroslav folder. They're all .sth .sti .stip .stv and .stw files.

That is because the dll will not be in the folder you moved.
That one stays where it is.

The one in the IK Multimedia folder stays
The dll will be in the vst plugin folder
Where ever you installed it

It can be in the steinberg /vst plugin folder or vst plugin folder

Back