Can anyone identify the issue my Pro Tools is encountering? Sample Rate issue?

Donta Black

For some odd reason, my pro tools has been acting up, I dont know what to call it but I believe its a sample rate issue, the issue occurs at 2:18 and it happens randomly. If you have an ideal plz comment.

The end of the video displays my systems pc specs:

My uncle sent me this pro tools session to mix, and I can barely mix or bounce to finish this for him and I hate to feel like Im putting him off.

I made a video with my camera below to show you exactly whats happening.

I thank anyone in advance that may be able to help.

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard bro ... at first I was going to tell you to increase your sample rate because I thought it was just clipping .. but it's not clipping it's just distorting ... the only thing I can say is, have you tried bouncing the file out to see if the session still distorts ... and also, as retarded as it sounds, have you tried just turning your computer off and back on? Sometimes PT gets to actin funny and I've noticed all it needs sometimes is just a basic reboot.

@City Yes, I tried that plenty of times, its a headache.

@Epotts, Im going to install this as soon as possible and I will let you know!

Thank you Both!,

Donta

---------- Post added 11-30-2012 at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-18-2012 at 10:27 PM ----------

@Epotts Confirmation that that upgrade fixes the issue! thanks, I would've responded quicker but i am swamped with research papers and preparation for final exams with a 9-5 on the side! -_-

cool glad to see if worked out for you. I love pro tools any questions you have I am more than happy to help. Keeps me sharp!

Back