Cakewalk Sonar

L

Lieblein

Has anyone gotten this yet or tried it out. Just want to hear what people think about it.

Hey Mano, life is going good, I keep meaning to call you guys to meet up for some coffee. I go to the Aroma cafe once or twice a week, trying not to support the evil empire, Starbucks. We should meet up again soon. If you go to http://www.cakewalk.com, they are announcing Sonar. Which yes, seems to be Pro Audio 10. It looks awesome. It seems most people use cubase around here but I'm sure someone has some opinions on this Sonar package. On another note, last night something very strange happened to the folder that I download MP3's from napster. All the mp3's in the folder, about 800mb's worth, disappeared, and are replaced by a single file that says c5[_ ,and I can't even delete the file, it gives me a, file system error [1026], even odder is that in the properties of the file it says, 0 bytes, but in the directory itself it says, 2gb's. I'm not sure if this is a virus or my harddrive choking from to much data. I'm going to run a scan disk and see what happens, anyone else ever have something like this happen.

The scandisk just fixed the problem. and I thought the music industry was getting revenge on me. I have to laugh.

I am the creative director at Adobe ... er oops ... cross-website cross-forum cross-post cross-posting, sorry about that.
Possibly your sig here could involve a chicken and a rubber band? (vague pun involving bands, music, this site,etc).
Won't continue on with this sycophancy. But it is good to know that someone out there digs cakewalk. A friend of mine in melbourne did a fantastic album using cakewalk. I hear it is actually really cool for midi programming.

Sonar is Pro Audio 10 in Sheep's Clothing :)

I've been researching Sonar.

It is equivalent to Pro Audio 10.

You can get a basic Sonar or an XL version.

It adds much of the capability of Acid for easy
loop making/handling/painting.

I have read much positive feedback on Sonar.

So-so respose regarding MIDI capabilities. I've
heard that MIDI capabilities match Pro Audio 9.

I placed my order for Sonar XL upgrade from Pro Audio 9,
$249 USD plus shipping, includes hard copy manual.

Back