CAKEWALK DRUM LOOP HELP

R

ryan

I HAVE HAD CAKEWALK PRO V.8 FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW, AND I HAVE MASTERED USING THE MIDI DATA BUT WHEN IMPORTING AUDIO ITS SLIGHTLY FRUSTRATING!!! IF FOR EXAMPLE THE TEMPO OF THE TRACK IS 135 BPM AND THE AUDIO IS 140 BPM WHEN I TRY TO STRECH THE AUDIO IN AUDIO EDITOR IT DOESNT DO WHAT I WANT IT TO DO. IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH A BIT OF KNOWLEDGE ON THIS PROBLEM I WOULD BE MOST GREATFULL!!!??

hey no need to shout! :)

Please don't use ONLY CAPS LOCK LETTERS because on the internet it measn that you are either angry or shouting, and most readers will be scared to reply to your posts.

It's just a thought ;)

The problem you have is quite normal and I understand your frustration. I am glad you are learning the MIDI part. Cakewalk is not a great great program to sequence audio WAV loops and other stuff that you import in it.

I have the feeling that you should get a sampler (maybe Gigasampler) to trigger samples and audio stuff sending a MIDI note to the sampler.

OR.. or you could use ACID 2.0, which is I believe Audio only, but has a great handling of WAV tempos to stretch them and match different beats together.

Anyway, I hope this will help you a bit, dont hesitate to post your questions, and be careful with the CAPS CHARQACTERS :)

take care

thanks

Sorry about the caps lock!! silly me! anyway thank you for your help, I was thinking about using gigasampler but i am not to familiar with sampling software, do you think this is my only choice? because you were saying about using acid v.2 i have acid v.2 and it is a very good program but it does not allow midi control and i was wanting to use my midi keyboard in most of my tracks, i am using a sound blaster live sound card which allows soundfont control and i have many many different sounds and patches for it, so i would be looking for some kind of setup which allows both. If you have any other suggestions or ideas i would be pleased to hear from you. thanx..

acid 2 pro and cakewalk should work fine do all the audio work in acid and then import to cakewalk, everything should work fine, i find the bpm streching abilities of acid really good, maybe Santa might bring me a copy

Back