Big name producers other than 9th Wonder using only Fruity Loops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
reason dont even cost that much what 399 for the box
is you buy something with reason Adapted and buy the upgrade to full it 299
Actually, If your serious with using Reason and tryna use all out of it, It is expensive but not too much expensive... Like buying some refills for sounds and Recycle... Same as FL also... It really depends on how you use it coz it's like a "virtual hardware" that inorder to max out its performance, you must feed it... (Something like that) Same as the real hardware also...

Last edited:
Im serious about Reason and I have a ton of refills I don't use. The thing wtih Reason is the more u know about creating sounds the less u have to spend in the long run

reason is a monster without other refills and it hard to use all of reason because the endless there like only maybe a few things reason might can improve on but they are so small it does even count

Last edited:
Im serious about Reason and I have a ton of refills I don't use. The thing wtih Reason is the more u know about creating sounds the less u have to spend in the long run
Yeah ! I also do that programing ish but if you're talkin bout generality most cats are buyin em... Coz they all want to be spoon feed all the time...LOL lucky for those who make their own...

I fail to see how running FL is more expensive than Reason

Reason you spend 400 + tax off the bat and then you have to have a controller

FL you can do without a controller, but if you decide to buy one, you atleast only spend 100-200 on the program

Reason definitely has a lot of sounds that you can use in their original form, but you can get by with FL and a few good free VSTis and/or sampling

MrJames851 said:
I fail to see how running FL is more expensive than Reason

Reason you spend 400 + tax off the bat and then you have to have a controller

FL you can do without a controller, but if you decide to buy one, you atleast only spend 100-200 on the program

Reason definitely has a lot of sounds that you can use in their original form, but you can get by with FL and a few good free VSTis and/or sampling
i wouldnt use any production software without a keyboard and u dont have to have one with reason its just a good idea generally to have one. The intial investment on Reason is more expensive than FL but with fl u still have to buy sounds n what not. U can have reason and a keyboard and be good for a long time. FL u would still need sounds if nothing else. Thats going to run u about the same price right there and as a producer u should always have a set of keys somewhere around u. I find it very amature when I hear about cats who refuse to get midi controllers

the FL pattern sequencer is a lot easier than the Reason one, you can get by without a controller a lot longer on FL or Acid than Reason

and you can legally download free VSTis
most VSTis are synthesizers, meaning anyone is as good as the next, unless you're just out for presets, and then you can get Hammersound soundfonts for free to give you the organic instruments, and let your mixing skills take you the rest of the way

only thing Reason has is more usable sounds built-in and the look and operation of a hardware setup

I use Reason and Logic only for the sounds, most of the time I'll bus it into Cool Edit and then resample the loop back into FL

I find FLs not to be easier just different. Id use the matrix sequencer and click my melodies if I refused to buy a keyboard, but I know I wouldnt try to do music without a keyboard of some sort. Im not huge on vsts either for me what really makes reason great is the great workflow and stability. Reason is extremely intuitive for me. Not puttin down FL or anything I just disagree when people say its the easiest thing out there when I can list 3 or 4 other programs that I found a lot easier to grasp than FL. But back to the investment yea if u want to spend $100 on the sequencer and then download a bunch of free vstis thats fine thats cool for u I personally don't care for the lack of stability that comes from free vsti as well as the lack in quality for the most part. There are about a handful of free vsti I really like and of those I still prefer the commercial counterparts

Last edited:
One thing I've found is that a sequencers workflow, and learning curve are not nesisarily connected.
I used apps that took me some time to figure out, but when I got the concept, everything clicked.
I've also used apps that were easy as reading kindergarten books, but were not nesisarily better workflow wise.

One thing I've found is that a sequencers workflow, and learning curve are not nesisarily connected.
I used apps that took me some time to figure out, but when I got the concept, everything clicked.
I've also used apps that were easy as reading kindergarten books, but were not nesisarily better workflow wise.
Yep... True, all this so called "workflow" is on the user itslef... FL, Reason, or MPC they still gonna depend on the user... I know guys hate FL and move to Reason. they're also Reason users who jumps to mpc... and alot that I know also transfer from mpc to Reason... It's really on where you comfortable at... Like me, I would never trade the laptop with my softwares than the most expensive drum machine out now... you know why ? I love laptop, I work faster in laptop than me working on a mpc...LOL And the best thing on a computer is you can watch videos and listen to music and you also have internet... So, can a mpc do that ? NO. This is just my opinion though... Dont hate...LOL

It's kinda funny that in every FL thread people jump in and say: "I use FL check out my beats".
I'm also tired of: "It's not what you use, it's how you use it."

rocsta said:
It's kinda funny that in every FL thread people jump in and say: "I use FL check out my beats".
My 'all time favourite' is "Why are you still debating? Let's make some music"
in all kind of variations like: "Why keep argueing? Go make some music" or "I have better things to do than replying to this, I'm out making music"... etc. lol
It's a classic

Last edited:
who cares what "big time" producer uses FL Studio. Do you get gratification from the fact a known producer makes beats on FL Studio? It's been said before its the person behind the boards not the equipment. Metaphorically speaking it's like saying yo I drive a benz (preference) lets see who can get to this destination the quickest as oppose to someone who drives a Neon (preference). They both will get to the same place one maybe quicker but at the end its all about the finished product......peace

Last edited:
rocsta said:
If that's referencing THX, he did do a track on snoop's new album, and I'm sure he's got more credits to his name as well. I think we worked on Gonzoe or Mob Figaz stuff together, but i know the name, he's kinda big out here.

Big problem with threads like this, 9th's been a FL sponsor since his lil' brother days. Their albums sell less than the Regime mixtapes I work on, so... nevermind, I say stuff like that and people start calling me cocky and say I'm bragging. If it makes you feel better, I'm sure they're richer than me.:rolleyes:

Point of what I'm saying is, you guys gotta stop judging success on these B.S. scales, if a dude who produced a track for a Snoop album with a plaque(THX)isn't enough to validate FL for you, then why the f**k do you need validation?

And if you're tired of these type of answers, stop asking the same kindergarten questions. I've got a new answer for you. Go studio hopping, hang out with these dudes and figure out for yourself. I knew 9th was using an MPC months before he reported it, why? I seen it with my own eyes.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
If that's referencing THX,
No it wasn't referencing to him, I meant it in general. It's just funny, it makes me smile when I open a FL thread and you can say 95% of all the threads someone jumps in and says "I use FL check out my beats".

And if you're tired of these type of answers, stop asking the same kindergarten questions.
Do you mean the thread starter or me? Cuz you quoted me. If so, I don't and never did ask those questions.

Point of what I'm saying is, you guys gotta stop judging success on these B.S. scales, if a dude who produced a track for a Snoop album with a plaque(THX)isn't enough to validate FL for you, then why the f**k do you need validation?
Agreed 100% - some people are insecure and they need this validation. Some people want always that what they can't have like expensive hardware, and they are wondering if someone did it with the same equipment like they have (or stick with) e.g. 'only' FL.
And for other people (like me) it's just interesting to hear that mofos doing it big with FL. It's cool and funny somehow to know that you CAN make beats for Jay-Z or Destinys Child just with a laptop and FL.

9th gets tired of FL and starts using a MP. Just Blaze gets tired of the MP and starts using Pro Tools. People get confused and start making those threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back