Best AU plugins for logic

JonesBoy

I'm working on getting my Macbook set up because I like it more than my desktop pc I just need to be schooled to these AUs....I'm running Logic right now off of it

So what should I look for ???

Logic's included plugins are very good, so I'd scrutinize them very thoroughly before getting anything - when you know what you're lacking, then it's the time ask.

Well I love big brass sounds and things of those nature...and logic has some okay ones but not as aggressive as the ones i have on vsts.

Good looking on that site though folk i'm checking it out now

I got that Iron Oxide Plugin, its insanely dope, you can completely change the shape of drums, strings, brass, anything.. but concerning sounds in Logic:

If you cant be bothered to take time to feel Logic out and really mess about with it, purchase some new Vst's and whatnot, although this is the expensive rout...

Logic is extremely powerful though and has some amazing plugins that come with it as well, if you can be bothered to tweak the sounds using various plugins then you can make pretty much any sound any way fat, thin, big bass.. absolutely anything, so i would take the time to mess around with Logic first before buying other stuff.

and say you get a plugin to make the brass, bass, drums sound perfect to your liking, you can save the preset so you dont have to do it everytime you want to make a beat.

Think about it man, its not bout what you got its how you use it, why you think people can make insane stuff with Fruity Loops, cos they know their shit inside out, whatever they can do in Fruity, you will most probably be able to do 100x better in Logic if you learn you DAW like they have :)

Cm

i'm bought Nexus 2 to use in Logic 9 about two months ago...i recommend it...

it's a little pricey along with each expansion pack though..

Last edited:
hey i got a huge question to ask!!

how do you time strech the samples in logic? i chop mines in real time if that helps

double click on the audio file in the arrangement so it brings up the audio file in the "sample editor" window, and then you can use the time/pitch machine (which u will find in the "factory" drop down tab) to time stretch and pitch shift.....alternatively, if u press, "alt" and drag the end point of a sample in the arrange window, this will stretch/compress the sample to ure likeing.....though in both cases dont go to extreme cus this will mess up the quality of ur sound, unless thats what u wanna do in which case go forth and time-stretch-apply

Back