Autochopping in Kong is here

lol i been speaking on this but its not autochop in the sense of recycle and other samplers but people don't really understand all of the features kong has to offer.

Hilarious. I was just messing around trying to do something like this myself and then I saw this thread.

SMH @ the level of rocket science needed to chop a sample.

Cubase/FL/Live : drag/drop/slice...done!

Why is the REASON way always the long way?

Last edited by a moderator:
A little off topic, but i wanted to know this thing - so now reason 5 has live sampling and for example, can i record sample directly in kong? By this i mean the same technique kev brown is using in this video, starts around 30 sec:

Just hit record, record sample into kong, then set sample start/end point, save it to first pad and then do the same process to all the kong pads. - if all this is possible, then i think it's dope.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOzMWGBOH4

i know you're just exaggerating but it's hardly rocket science. for someone like me this will be great because i'll be able to load up a break in recycle. slice it up. import it into the dr. octorex and kong. route these two devices to the same mixer channel (multiple ways to do this but i usually just use a 6:2 mixer).

now i have two devices loaded with the same break. one device (dr. octorex) has all the individual hits chopped up into midi and the other device (kong) has the same break chopped up equally into 16ths (or 8ths or anything more than a 1/16th) notes.

then you can just let the jungle madness commence.

Ya know...I was thinking it, but I wasn't going to say it. LOL These cats are gonna say I'm hating on Propellerheads. But it seems like the Props are feeling some pressure to implement beatslicing, but they're resisting, while trying to give something to people who just want to say, "Look Reason has beatslicing!!". But it's kinda sorta beatslicing, and it takes 73 steps! I was watching the video like, huh? The number of steps was discouraging. But it's definitely better than nothing so...props to the Props.

i totally agree that beatslicing should be integrated. i think it's a travesty that propellerheads are still milking recycle and have not updated it or integrated it into reason/record.

but really if you are familiar with reason then this really doesn't take a million steps. it's very simple. set it up once and save it as a patch. then you can load up any rex'd file on pad 1 and it will automatically be chopped into however many equal slices you want (up to a maximum of 16).

i don't why all the complaints if alot of you guys don't like the product don't use it lol. now personally i have a strong feeling recycle 3 is on the way and they will incoporate with record 2.0 but just my opinion i rather slice up beats in recycle load them up in dr.rex or nnxt or kong. i been doing it for years before reason 5 why change now lol.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

i totally agree that beatslicing should be integrated. i think it's a travesty that propellerheads are still milking recycle and have not updated it or integrated it into reason/record.

but really if you are familiar with reason then this really doesn't take a million steps. it's very simple. set it up once and save it as a patch. then you can load up any rex'd file on pad 1 and it will automatically be chopped into however many equal slices you want (up to a maximum of 16).

^^^^exactly do it once and keep it moving. people make it seem like you have to do it everytime you want to make a beats like reason doesn't give users more than one option to use drums you have nnxt, nn19, redrum, and kong, and if your a synth drums person you have the subtractor and malstrom people complain to much lol.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

ok so use cubase/fl/live/etc to get the job done lol.

A little off topic, but i wanted to know this thing - so now reason 5 has live sampling and for example, can i record sample directly in kong? By this i mean the same technique kev brown is using in this video, starts around 30 sec:

Just hit record, record sample into kong, then set sample start/end point, save it to first pad and then do the same process to all the kong pads. - if all this is possible, then i think it's dope.

Yes, with NN-Nano you can do that.

theres a patch that does most of the work for u thats what the link at the end was about. if u go into recycle load the wav select set slices to grid and use the patch all of this takes 45 seconds tops. ive done it. I got my upgrade today in the mail. fairly fast for airmail Im loving it but I still hate the way they did the free upgrades

Back