Ableton Questions...souncards, audio files...

Trenchant

yeah huh...
ok so i'm messin around with the ableton live demo, and i really like it so far and i don't think i've even scratched the surface. but here's my question:

i had to download an asio driver for my audio interface cus it was acting mighty ornery and whatnot in ableton, what with clicks and pops, lagging, etc. so i installed the driver and it worked, but when i have ableton open i can't hear sound from any other programs and vice versa. any1 know if this is fixable?

also, i was messin around with the slice to midi track feature with a beat i had. so i put it in the audio track, and how the hell can it read the tempo of the beat automatically?? granted, the beat had no intros or outros or anything. but then i change the tempo of the project, and the sample changes with it?!? this is madness!! (in a good way.)

I don't think Live likes to share the audio card. I use Sound Forge as my audio editor. I can actually open it from inside Live, but SF has to be assigned to a different sound card for me to hear any tweaking I may want to do to the sample.

As far as Live reading tempo's automatically and warping to whatever tempo you want, all I can say is, welcome to the world of Ableton Live.

Back