Quickly become a power user in Ableton Live or Pro Tools with private tuition from a professional credited sound engineer / producer.
I'm offering Music Technology Lessons which I'm happy to adapt to you depending on your needs.
I'm a professional studio engineer and producer with a number of credits to my name (e.g. Tricky, Coldcut, Cinematic Orchestra, Florence and The Machine). I've also given private tuition in Ableton Live and Pro Tools to students and established artists. In short, you get the best of both worlds: someone with proven success in the industry and an experienced tutor.
There's a link to my professional biography on my profile page.
My rates are £35 for an hour session at my home studio. Negotiable for longer sessions or larger groups. Happy to come to you if you cover travel expenses. I am based in South London.
Message me for enquiries.
- Setting up a home studio.
- Choosing the right equipment.
- Writing and producing tracks.
- Recording and mixing home demos.
- Live recording.
- Using third party plug-ins and softsynths.
- Learn how to become a laptop DJ with this powerful and flexible software package.
- The concept of warping and elastic audio.
- The different applications of the Session and Arrangement views.
- Remixing tracks / making mash-up mixes.
- How to effectively use Ableton's synths and effects.
- MIDI control using keyboards and drum pads.
- How to perform with Live including sampling yourself on the fly to produce layered performances.
- Setting up your Pro Tools system.
- Grid / Slip / Shuffle / Spot modes - applications of each.
- Recording and processing the perfect vocal.
- Powerful time saving short cuts and techniques.
- Comping takes.
- Compression and dynamic processing.
- Effective EQing.
- Send vs insert effects: when to use each.
- The power of group editing and mixing.
- Elastic audio.
- How to use the new FX in Pro Tools 8.
I also have access to a fully specced professional recording studio where I can demonstrate how real world recording sessions are conducted and how to use an analogue mixing desk.