Ableton auto chop samples

and there's a way for play these new different slices on the same button of ur sampler? (clearly not togheter, like i push 4 times the same button and this one will trigger slice 1, then slice 2, then slice 3, then slice 4, then reset to 1)

It gets sliced to a drum rack, so each sample is in it's own sampler and is triggered by a different key on the keyboard. It's easier than Recycle.

I dunno about easy, but you can have one macro knob selecting different Simplers, I've seen it in Vesper's drum rack.

Yeah, that's easy enough. The tricky part would be to get said macro key to advance by one (or go randomly to a value excluding the current one) each time you hit a key. This might be very easy with M4L, but I haven't really used it.

I guess you could use the Random plugin in alt mode to cycle through a range of samples...never tried setting this up, though.

Ok, I figured the easy bit anyway, thought I may as well post it:

1. Create midi track

2. Drag in empty instrument rack

3. Lets say you want 128 kicks. Shift select the first and last and all will be selected. Drag and drop them in and open it up.

4. Click CHAIN

5. Select all the chains

6. Drag them all to the full length of the box

7. Right click on one of the chains that you've dragged full length and select "distribute ranges equally". Each chain will be assigned to a note.

8. Select the Chain select handle at the top and macro map to macro 1.

9. Group to a drum rack.

10. map macro 1 to the new macro 1. This knob will cycle through 128 kicks.

The end result looks like this:

chain%20selector.png

Actually, I just tried the random thing...and it works just fine. Just map each sample to a single key, put the Random plugin in front of it with chance set to 100%, choices to the number of samples (it only goes to 24 for some reason though) and mode to "Alt" (instead of "Rnd"). Voilá - it cycles through 24 sounds with a single key.

Back