Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Studio One

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Maschine

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters
I'm not, more (sometimes stupid) beginner questions are referenced back to fl than any other daw here

I can't actually answer your questions without BIAS to the DAW that I use. I don't know anyone that uses more than one DAW (by choice) and can actually say they know each as well as the other.

I know FL has a great workflow.
I'm a sample-based producer and for me having Slicex/Edison along with the FPC is purely perfect.
What took me 1 hour to do on a Roland MV-8800 only takes 15 minutes for me in FL Studio now.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

On the MV i wasn't chopping up entire songs to use different parts for 1 beat.
I can do that all in FL if i want to in only 1/4 amount of the time of hardware samplers.
But keep in mind those hardware samplers basically are computers running software to.
They are just simpler computers with less possibilities but they are more stable though. but they can freeze to.

Last edited:
I've used almost every windows based DAW.

Cubase, Ableton, Reason 5, Sonar, ACID and FL Studio and I'm currently still using FL Studio.

Cubase was shit for me.. glitchy clicking and dumb, etc.

ACID was boring and out dated imo and wasn't appealing.

Didn't like Reason rack system.

Ableton I used strictly for a while and finally switched back to FL.

FL because it's where I started and I plan on switching to LOGIC once I get my mac.

Sonar was the same as CUBASE

I teach College freshment how to use Logic 9 and I believe that it is a really great DAW if you're on a Mac. But my personal program of choice is Reason. This is in part because it is the first music creation program I started using around 2004 and have stuck with ever since. But also because it allows me to work quickly which is important to me when I'm trying to lay down ideas onto instrument tracks.

Please answers any questions below:

1.) For ease of use, what's the best DAW and why?

2.) What DAW has the best aesthetics?

3.) For AUDIO tracking and editing, what is your favorite DAW and why?

4.) For MIDI tracking and editing, what is your favorite DAW and why?

5.) In your opinion, what is the best buy right now? What DAW has the most to offer right from the box?

6.) For your DAW of choice, what advantages does it have over have over competitors?

7.) What DAW sounds the best?

8.) What DAW is the most advanced with the most amount of options??

Let's hear your views!!!!

I love using Logic for music production. Logic also has a great looking user interface.

But when it comes to ease of audio recording & editing, then Pro-Tools wins hands down. I just hate Avid's pricing & business practices, so I'm pretty much all Logic now, the PT software is too expensive.

Ive used fl studio when i had windows...i liked it, but even if i could get it on mac, i wouldnt. i have reason and logic now. i spent a little time working with reason. ive stuck to logic tho. i think its really simple to use, and the presets are great, but i tend to try and make my own sounds. even if just tweaking, but i like to start from scratch. you can record audio, which is good. https://soundcloud.com/yjvasco/sets/dont-mind-me ive recorded an album using logic. check me out. have a great day.

logic pro, never going back to anything else ever again! and this is coming from an apple hater haha

Why not just survey which DAW people actually use?

This poll is just a very convoluted and biased way of asking that anyway.

i'll just be honest, i voted fl studio because i use it. don't know shit about other daws. assuming others have done the same since it's the most popular.

Back