Crossfades in FL (for vocal comping)

xdrivethru96x

I'm trying to comp together a few vocal takes in FL Studio 11, and can't seem to find a simple way to cross-fade audio tracks in the playlist, like you can in Pro Tools(I don't have Pro Tools, just have seen it done in there)? I know I can use automation, but it seems very tedious, in comparison. Is there not a better way inside FL?

Or, alternatively, should I just bounce my recordings out to another DAW, and do the comping there? Can anyone suggest anything with a free trial, or cheap(ish)- I don't have money for Pro Tools just yet. I'm thinking maybe Reaper(I see they have a free trial)? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

i use reaper as well as FL, reaper is definitely better for this. just split the audio by pressing S (with snap off) then go to the top corners of the vocal takes and drag to set fade length and type. once youre happy with final product you can highlight all and glue it together

i use reaper as well as FL, reaper is definitely better for this. just split the audio by pressing S (with snap off) then go to the top corners of the vocal takes and drag to set fade length and type. once youre happy with final product you can highlight all and glue it together

You're explaining this in Reaper there, yes?(I'm installing it right now) Thanks for your response!

Last edited:
yea its reaper, heres a quick example

LDG6WmP.png

Awesome man, I think this is just what I was looking for. I've got one more question for ya though, since you use both DAW's. Do you generally do your mixing in Reaper, of FL?

Back