'Beat Timing' Delay Parameter in Pro Tools!

JDAMM

Delay Parameter for Playback & Beat Timing in Pro Tools like in Logic!

Hey

I'm looking for the delay parameter box in Pro Tools so I can mess with the start time of a snare track and make it hit earlier (AND WHAT I WANT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WITH LATENCY/DELAY COMPENSATION' btw...there is no latency problem in my project)

In Logic's inspector, for each track there are parameters to add + or - delay settings so you can make a track swing without physically moving the regions in the track and this is what I wanna do in pro tools but cant find the parameters - if they exist - and they simply MUST do, as this is such a basic feature in Logic, so I'm guessing it must be implemented in PT.

Note: See the jpeg attached and the inspector on the left in Logic with the delay setting the 5th option down!

Thanks in advance guys!

inspector_330.jpg

Last edited:
thanks....but firstly i'm on a mac, and your answer only makes playback at another speed!!!

and secondly, I still need to know where the delay parameter box is...thx

Thirdly, If you just move the whole waveform it will never be perfectly in quantised sync...Also I wanna be able to adjust the start times but keep the original start value of the clip. Guys if you dont know how to do it, theres no point answering with useless points on what else I could do...of course i could move the wave 100 times till it was right, and make a note of the original start just in case i wanna go back there, but what a lot of aggro - from a program that is meant to be the ultimate in audio editing!!!

This feature is so basic and intuitively placed in Logic... ffs!!!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Thx poszeone, but u have misunderstood what this feature in logic does....it is not a quantisation function!!!

The delay parameter in the Logic Inspector can move the whole track or certain regions on the track, forward or backwards as a whole by the chosen amount....using this in addition to the quantisation features in logic is very powerful....but it does not quantise per se.... thanx

Last edited:
Thirdly, If you just move the whole waveform it will never be perfectly in quantised sync...Also I wanna be able to adjust the start times but keep the original start value of the clip. Guys if you dont know how to do it, theres no point answering with useless points on what else I could do...of course i could move the wave 100 times till it was right, and make a note of the original start just in case i wanna go back there, but what a lot of aggro - from a program that is meant to be the ultimate in audio editing!!!

Glad it works for me easily with what I use.:) Wow.....and what I use has what you need as a plug in right in front of my face.....never use it though. One less plug in I need.

Video: Pro Tools 6.9 Mixing Tips: Delay Compensation View | eHow.com

ok, the only othewr thing i can think of (i;m at school now so can't really try) is the "time adjuster" plug in or trying Elastic Audio

Back