Bass plugin

what kind of bass do you want? trillian from what I hear is the illest there is for the job of bass, but honestly any synth can drop the bass heavy unless you need a sample library and synthesis then trillian and it's 20GB library will sort you out for a mad minute

Last edited:
I agree with what everyone else said. Trillian is the only plug-in you would ever need for bass sounds.

I didn't care for Trillian when I tried it. It takes a lot of time and changing things around to accomplish different stuff.

You can make basslines out of synths if you practices adjusting the attack and decay and sustain and release. ADSR.

Also you can use ableton live Sampler and just put in a bassline from a real guitar to make your own samples. Try going down to guitar center and asking if anyone has samples to input. Or higher someone there to do it for you on their off time.

Cakewalks Dimension pro has some pretty decent basslines. But their expansion pack that I have called Mo Phatt is better than what's stock. So in other words perhaps there is an expansion pack that has basslines you could use. It would be better than stock probably and you could play it or input it in your DAW too. OR on a keyboard.

Some Daws have bass samples in them but perhaps not that great of a sound.

When you get a dry bassline sound you could always buy GTR3 and put its amps and effects to it!

OH aside from that. Rapture has cool BASS. Especially for dubstep. SYlenth1 is good for EDM. AND synthmaster is crappy for bass with its drive. but if you keep the drive mellow its cool for electro.

Last edited:
You don't need a bass specific synth to make basses. All synths have a pitch knob don't they? Just dial it down 24st and hit some keys.
If you only want to use presets, I can't help you, but if you want to be a real artist and design your own basses, I would say massive or synthmaster, possibly coupled with a distortion plugin.
For really epic basses, there's often a lot of processing post synth, so dust off your stock eqs, distortion, compression and chorus.

Back