Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Am I rubbish, or is Reason holding me back?

Olliepm is offline Registered User
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Okay, thanks! I'm always partial to a bit of dark arts reading material.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Your software is simply a palette for your ideas. If you aren't getting the results you want it is more likely you and not the software because a lot of people are making great dub step with every daw out there. That said I use Reason and Ableton and its a great combination they compliment each other well. Thor is one of my favorite synths and I like all of my old Reason libraries that I have and I really like the vsts that I have too and it gives me the opportunity to use and have everything I want without worrying about the limitation of not having access to VSTs, Hardware or Rack Extensions.
    likes this.

DannyDomville92 is offline Registered User
    take lessons and look at tutorials

BeatGenerals is offline Registered User
    A lot of people will probably disagree but once I transitioned from Reason to FL Studio, I felt like I just improved much faster. Sure you can make beats in anything but FL Studio was just more comfortable for me and the workflow made more sense compared to Reason so I think it allowed me to advance a lot faster.

High Quality FL Studio Tutorials

http://www.beatgenerals.com

nastyslim is offline Registered User
    great response and advice thx!

Olliepm is offline Registered User
    Thanks, Xabiton. I've been off this forum for a while so hope I'm not too late to reply. Today I purchased Reason 6.5, and await it's arrival. It could be several days which is killing me. I decided to because right from the off, I only wondered whether Reason was at a disadvantage to the sort of sounds I was after, but at the end of the day I really wanted to stick with it because it's so familiar to me. I didn't ever like using Rewire with other DAWS, as it's not only double money for the legit software, but I have also experienced sync issues personally. That said, I'm from more of a musical background than a production one, and Reason's sequencer is where I'm most comfortable. I'm really excited at the prospect of the rack extensions. There are one or two I'm already thinking are a must have, but I'll have a few threads to create before I buy!

Danny, thanks but just how little initiative do you think I have? I live and breathe tutorial videos, and study sound production at college. If you can recommend a particular tutorial relevant to what I asked, that might be more helpful than six words after two full pages of well thought out responses.

I quite like this guy: Why Reason Sucks - YouTube

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Blue Eclipse is a good guy with a great head on his shoulders. I have had a few convos with him. I think I even talked with him in the comments of that video.

dmensah1 is offline Registered User
    Big Krit uses Reason (mixes in PT though), Kuddie Fresh from Tha Bizness uses it too (I do guitar for him). Also Josh Mobley who I think is probably one of the best Reason users in the world, that guy creates ridiculous records with it spanning different genres. Of course, with Ableton, you can run some crazy plugins in there like Zebra that I dont think Reason touches yet (hopefully we get a Rack Extension for them) and I'm a HEAVY reason user. Best thing IMO to do is use Ableton and rewire Reason in or if you dig the Rack Extensions that you can apply to audio, just use Reason standalone. It is more than capable of creating amazing stuff.
    likes this.

901_Rice_Street is offline Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
    All reason. 3 version.

ReDrum is a fool............best drum sequencer for patterns IMO. People will argue that FLs dot connector thingy (whatever it is called) is better.....IDK.....but.....you can make some great drum patterns in ReDrum if you don't use it in a "traditional" way.

I had R3.......I use Essentials now. All the stuff in 6.5 is not impressive to me......except the transpose. But I'm sure there will be Rack Extensions with all I need.....just not now yet. I like Predator RE.......great RE right there. I still rather mix and edit some more in Cubase though. Ozone RE is good........not good enough for what I'm used to.
    Last edited by 901_Rice_Street; 01-20-2013 at 03:11 PM.

tripol is offline Registered User
    I am new to reason, I am using version 4, and I purchased a midi controller(korgnanokey2) I started creating melodies and tracking drums with it but they just dont seem to be on beat. Any suggestions?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information