Ableton Live 9 not playing in sync when triggering clips

Skettalee

Ok, this started a few months ago and i have been searching the net and wondering why i cant figure out why when i play a clip it starts automatically without being synced with any other clips. even playing one scene and going to play the next one, it just starts not giving any time to keep up with the bar or 1/4 or whatever I set it to on the top left. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance at happy 4th of july everyone!

First place to check would be the Record/Warp/Launch tab in Live's Preferences. Make sure that Default Launch Quantization is set to 'Global'. To sort out individual clips, you can edit their launch settings in their 'launch box' which is found in the Clip View. You'll need to unhide the launch box's.

The setting in Preferences only changes how newly created clips are set to launch, so in any of your existing sets which you're having problems with you may need to go through your clips individually.

I hope this applies to your problem, let me know if it solves anything for you!

Check the upper left corner where the Tap, Tempo, Time Signature etc are. On the far right you'll see a drop down menu that usually defaults to 1 bar. Click on that arrow and set it to how many bars or measures you want Ableton to wait until it launches the clip.

Back