Ableton --> Fruity Loops

VictorMurillo

Victor Murillo
Hey guys!

I'm gonna work with a guy who makes his songs with Ableton, but I work with fruity loops. He has told me that he can convert the flp. file into a ableton project file. Can I do the same? Or maybe something similar for working properly.

Peace & Love

I think he may be referring to the projects as wav. files.(i could be wrong though)
If you're both on pc and the songs are tracked out as wav. they'll open.Regardless of the D.A.W.
If it's mac,it's Aiff.

Peace

Maybe as .wav the easy and fast, but less control way or making midi stems and presets to match plugin settings the which gives you back the control, but more tedious. Most likely it will be mixed again if it was previously done and everything is in .wav stems.

You can do it, but with FL getting your arpeggiator notes may become a hassle if you use the stock midi stuff. Ableton you can kind of print you notes on midi still, because the stock arpeggiator lets you record its notes to another midi track...or convert audio into midi notes. I've done this a few times going from FL projects to Ableton projects.

Last edited:
Back