Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sampletank 3

deanlofts is offline Cubase Addict
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Agree, and if you want to keep the exclusivity or Philharmonik, Sonik Synth etc etc have them as extensions. I just loaded up all the sounds in Sampletank.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

World Wide is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
    IK always supports its loyal customers with FREE updates, FREEBIES on Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr/Google+ AND Jam points for discounts on IK products. That all takes time and company resources. Not to mention our sales and Group Buys we run regularly because we have such a large and varied product selection. SampleTank 3 is being worked on, quality takes time. Movies take YEARS to write, cast, shoot, edit and all that good stuff before you ever even see a trailer.
    I wasn't trying to say that IK didn't support its customers, cuz I know they do (although, to be honest, I've been an IK user for years and this is the first time I've ever heard of something called "jam points")... I was just trying to say that there is a particular segment of loyal customers who I think are getting shafted... longtime owners of the original Total Workstation Bundle.
    INSERT SIGNATURE HERE

Danarchy is offline Danarchy Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
    IK always supports its loyal customers with FREE updates, FREEBIES on Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr/Google+...
    The week after I bought the T-Racks Deluxe crossgrade, I won a copy of Miroslav in a giveaway, which was part of the IK celebration for reaching 15,000 fb fans. And, heads up fellow producers, they mentioned that when they reach 20k they're gonna be doing a big set of giveaways and deals to celebrate.
    likes this.

Gizzmo0815 is offline Registered User

Sampletank

Stillfunkin' is right.

Sampletank has been plagued with bad design choices for quite some time now (YEARS!). GUI updates are not hard...sorry...I don't buy that. The ability to scale the GUI should have been added years ago in anticipation of higher screen resolutions...bad design.

The scroll function is terrible...plain and simple...bad design.

The GUI looks dated. While this may not be important to some, it does make a difference to people who use these instruments as a source of revenue. Compete with your competition IK...otherwise just bow out and move on to what you really want to do (iStuff!)

Sampletank 3 could be the second coming of virtual instruments, but the support, development cycle, dismissive attitude from many of the staff in many cases has simply turned me (and LOTS of other folks I know) off. I won't be returning for your business...hopefully few will until IK seriously overhauls their processes for developing competitive, functional, good looking software. And yes...I have tickets, and feature requests submitted at IK officially, no response...ever.

Kontakt is better. Omnisphere is better. Mach 5 is better. Hell even Yellowtools is better...

Keep up or open source your material and get out of the game.

Peter - IK Multimedi is offline IK Multimedia Rep
    We saw your post on KVR too, and undesrtand your frustration. We are offering SampleTank 3 when it is ready. We understand if you use the other options available to you. SampleTank is still in demand so that's why we're going to SampleTank 3 and making the appropriate changes.

As for "iSTuff" that's something we've rebutted a million times and will have to again here by simply saying we do make a lot of iOS tools and accessories and yes it has been successful for us. However, it actually drives (and funds) other development and in that respect we will point out that even though AmpliTube iOS is our absolute most popular iOS app we actually updated the desktop version of AmpliTube FAR more than we updated the iOS version over the last year. So that data actually indicates we neglected our most popular "iSTuff" for the desktop version as well as some great T-RackS 3 models that are about to be released too.

Again, we understand your frustration and we'll get SampleTank 3 out as soon as possible and hope that it meets your neefds and other users' needs of course. That's all we can do at this point is move forward and that's what we're trying to do.

Oh and about open source? That's just not going to happen. If people think it is still relevant enough to crave the source, they can do their best to reverse engineer our code - we won't just give it away. Plus, we now give VERY robust versions of SampleTank and AmpliTube for free (http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletankfree and http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree) and hope to continue that trend toward supporting musicians on a budget with those and well-priced products.
    Community Manager, IK Multimedia
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com

gray36 is offline Registered User
    You mention free Amplitude 3, and Sampletank, and I also have Fender LE, any chance those are considered as owning a qualifying IK product for the crossgrade? Thanks.
    HP dv6 DUOCore 2.0 4GB Windows7x64 Home Glyph GT 050Q SonarX1dExp, Sonar 8.5.3 Guitar Rig Pro 4Focusrite Saffire6 USB, JBL Akai MPK25 http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10403714

Peter - IK Multimedi is offline IK Multimedia Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by gray36 View Post
    You mention free Amplitude 3, and Sampletank, and I also have Fender LE, any chance those are considered as owning a qualifying IK product for the crossgrade? Thanks.
    Free products do not, but even bundled products (if registered) qualify so Fender LE does indeed qualify you. For future reference, you can see the details and exclusions here: IK Multimedia - Crossgrade for All
    Community Manager, IK Multimedia
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com

gray36 is offline Registered User
    Thanks, much appreciated!
    HP dv6 DUOCore 2.0 4GB Windows7x64 Home Glyph GT 050Q SonarX1dExp, Sonar 8.5.3 Guitar Rig Pro 4Focusrite Saffire6 USB, JBL Akai MPK25 http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10403714

DaKillaB is offline Registered User
    I've bee using the free version of sample tank for a little bit, I like it, but i've been having problems importing samples...

sometimes it'll work, but allot of the times it'll jus sit there with the progress window doing nothing..

furthermore, a way to manipulate the imported sample would be cool too, setting up end and start points on the sample etc...

also it woudl definitely be helpful to be able to resize the main window...

better sounding sounds are always welcome, matter fact a must.... jus eliminate your competition completely by making the sounds as good or better than the leading keyboard workstations (motif, fantom, etc..)... i'm talking about the presets right out of the box before any mixing by the user... i mean if the workstation keyboards can do it then I'm pretty sure the software developers should be able to do it too...

there should also be more options for the synth sounds... more options to actually do somethign to the synth... right now theres pretty much the regular ADSR knobs which really doesnt do much...

If yall can do all that then I wouldnt even mind paying a little extra for the product... we all want to be able to make proffesional sounding stuff, if yall can give us a tool that fits on our laptops thus elliminating the need to lug around a huge keyboard or even an extra laptop sized sound module, then I'm pretty sure we'd be willing to pay a little more for that, nothing crazy expensive though, lol

thanks
    Last edited by DaKillaB; 06-14-2012 at 07:26 PM.

ObiK is offline IK Multimedia
    Have you used any of the FX to help mold your sounds into your mix? That is by far one of SampleTanks biggest strengths. Each sound isn't HUGE and hard to fit your song. They are made to be molded into whatever you want. Personally my secret FX in SampleTank is "Tone Control" really makes everything sound HUGE.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information