New Update now Available for AmpliTube for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
Includes AmpliTube Slash models, supports MIDI, digital audio, Retina display and much more
IK, the leading brand of iOS music-making apps and accessories, is proud to release a major update of AmpliTube for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. With over 4 million downloads AmpliTube is the standard guitar and bass amps and effects processor app when it comes to rocking out on the mobile iOS devices.
The new AmpliTube 2.5 packs a multitude of new features:
• Expandable with AmpliTube Slash gear. All the gear that contributed to make the legendary Slash sound, including 2 Marshall® amp models and 6 signature stomp effects, are now available inside AmpliTube via in-app purchase as a bundle or individual models.
• Full MIDI Integration. This feature allows users to control AmpliTube 2.5 via standard MIDI controllers using an iOS MIDI interface such as iRig MIDI. This allows to remotely switch presets or to control each knob, switch or controller on the interface with a physical controller. The feature is available as in-app purchase and it is free for iRig MIDI users.
• Support for all 30-pin Audio Devices. AmpliTube 2.5 now supports digital audio input/output via the 30-pin connector with compatible standard core audio devices.
• Redesigned Recorder section. The new recorder section of AmpliTube 2.5 now includes a Loop function for looping sections of recorded material, a new visual Metronome and a quick access Tap Tempo button.
• New Mixer section. A new mixer interface has been added to the recorder allowing easier control of master reverb send, channel level, pan control, mute and solo buttons, plus an FX button for applying the AmpliTube signal chain to the recorded material on the individual channels. This feature also allows “re-amping” of tracks to get that perfect tone or to apply different creative techniques to the material post-recording.
• New Copy/Paste function. Now users can copy or paste audio materials to and from other apps that support this feature, or copy the content of one channel in the mixer to another channel easily.
• Restore in-app purchases. By using the new Restore Purchases feature, simplifies the update process for users that has purchased more gear via in-app purchase.
• Export audio via SoundCloud or FTP. In addition to exporting recorded material using email and file sharing now users will be able to easily upload and share their materials online on FTP or via SoundCloud.
• Retina Display support. AmpliTube 2.5 now has an even more elegant interface designed for higher resolution retina displays both on iPhone and on the new iPad.
Plug and Play
Plug your guitar into their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad using IK’s extremely popular iRig™ guitar interface adapter or the coming soon iRig STOMP pedal interface adapter. You can also use the StealthPlug™ cable interface that now also works with iPad using Apple Camera Connection Kit.
Pricing and availability
The new AmpliTube 2.5 update is now available in the App Store as a free update for all previous AmpliTube users on iPhone, iPod touch or in iPad.
For new users AmpliTube 2.5 costs $19.99/€15.99. An LE ($2.99/€2.39 - iPhone only) and a FREE version of AmpliTube 2.5 for iPhone or iPad are also available with a limited set of gear models included.