iRig PRO: "IK Multimedia have got this spot-on!"

ObiK

IK Multimedia
iRig PRO: "IK Multimedia have got this spot-on!"
[h=4]MusicAppBlog says "a good balance between features, audio quality, portability and price"[/h]
musicappblog_250.jpg

MusicAppBlog, the site for mobile music making and production, have not only put together an in-depth review of iRig PRO but have also produced an excellent 5 minutes demo video to accompany it.
Here are some of the comments from reviewer John Walden:

"In addition to a high quality instrument input, you also get a microphone input with phantom power and MIDI in connectivity. In essence, the iRig PRO is an ultra-compact audio+MIDI interface aimed squarely at the recording iOS musician."
"I tested the unit with a range of microphones and I have to say that, on the whole, I was very impressed with the results."
"The iRig PRO doesn’t feature audio outputs. You simply use your standard headphone jack output from your iDevice to feed either your headphones or a set of powered monitors (or perhaps a PA). In practice, this works absolutely fine."

"the combination of audio+MIDI in a single device is most definitely a big plus, as is the capability to record anything from a guitar up to a studio-class condenser microphone."
"as a mobile solution for the iOS musician, the iRig PRO really is an excellent all-round solution."

John closes his review with his verdict:

"From a design perspective, I think IK Multimedia have got this just about spot on ... with a good balance between features, audio quality, portability and price, if the iRig PRO doesn’t sell to iOS musicians by the bucket-load, then I’ll be very surprised!"

To accompany his review, John has prepared this very informative demonstration video:

Read the full review here
Learn more about iRig PRO here

Back