iRig HD: "I can't get enough of the thing!"

ObiK

IK Multimedia
iRig HD: "I can't get enough of the thing!"
[h=4]The GarageBand Guide says iRig HD "exceeds the quality of anything else in its class"[/h]

garagebandguide_250.jpg

The Garageband Guide, the dedicated reviews and blog site for all things related to Garageband, have put together an in-depth review and video of iRig HD.
Here are some of the comments from highly impressed reviewer, Patrick Baird, in his review entitled "3 Reasons to Love the iRig HD":
"So to say I was as excited as a kid at Christmas when IK Multimedia’s latest interface – the iRig HD – arrived on my doorstep would be an understatement!"
"it seems that IK Multimedia set out to not only fix the audio niggles that plague the original iRig, but create something that far exceeds the quality of anything else in it’s class… I’ve had my grubby little paws on it for a while now and I have to say, they’ve definitely succeeded."
"...means the iRig HD has the same sound quality as a ‘proper’ guitar/bass pre amp at an extremely portable size and affordable price. Superb!"
"It also works extremely well as a direct input to your Mac. In fact, it sounds a lot better than some dedicated USB connections I’ve previously used. This is probably down to the built-in Pre-amp and Gain control. It’s easy to get a balanced signal strength, which in turn makes it easier to get things sounding great."
Patrick's final conclusion is:
"Throw in a huge amount of free software coupled with an incredibly affordable price tag and it’s fair to say IK Multimedia have set the bar for portable instrument interfaces."
Check out his live video shoot-out:
<strong>

Read the full review here
Learn more about iRig HD here
Learn more about AmpliTube Studio here

Back