investing in mostly IK products

All I do is set the basic levels in stereo and the rest is in mono. Less ear fatigue and room elements don't effect the sound so much. It also does not matter when you sit in the room.

All I do is set the basic levels in stereo and the rest is in mono. Less ear fatigue and room elements don't effect the sound so much. It also does not matter when you sit in the room.

you got to do whatever works for your sir... if you have any pics of your studio that you can pm me..not trying to be all in your business but I love to see how you got yourself setup...I be sure to show mines off to you once I finish my current setup in the next month...
more of a office than a production studio my keyboard is up and ready
I'm about to do some review for my site on Top 10 free vsts
and a seperate article on the Top 10 free virtual processors

so I'm going to be messing around with a few vsts for a week or so..
any suggestions
besides free version of SampleTank lol... but for real I'm going to review that first

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

It is dismantled at the moment but I'm putting it back together in about a week or so. I'll send you some pics then. Still looks the same as a normal set up pretty much.

It is dismantled at the moment but I'm putting it back together in about a week or so. I'll send you some pics then. Still looks the same as a normal set up pretty much.

yeah I can't wait to get my room the way I want with what I have now

I always mix in MONO. Then when I get ear fatigue, I switch to STEREO til I need a break. Then I repeat after the break starting with MONO. Really helps you focus on other aspects of the mix first.

I rarely mix in mono. Mainly because I pan as I go and I'm usually adjusting things and like to know how the stereo field is coming along. I've given mono mixing a shot and it was good, too. I just like to stick with the same approach.

Yeah your mix style is more crucial on MONO. I'm a L/C/R guy. No in betweens. Mono makes more sense for that.

Wasn't it proven that LCR gives the same effect as panning anyway? Panning to a percentage just does LCR with different volumes (unless you are mixing in 5.1 or 7.1?

Well you are still panning, but with only 1 of the 3 choices. I haven't heard anything else about it being as effective as panning. It is panning, but if you have any links to threads or anywhere else where they discuss it I'm all ears.

Well you are still panning, but with only 1 of the 3 choices. I haven't heard anything else about it being as effective as panning. It is panning, but if you have any links to threads or anywhere else where they discuss it I'm all ears.

check your email Obi

-Coach Antonio

I don't have any references or anything concrete but I always pictured the stereo field as left and right. In my head aiming an audio signal 50% to the left is just pushing it to the left speaker but not giving it as much power as say 75% or 100%. Wouldn't panning something 75% to the left at full volume be the same as panning something completely to the left with a lower volume? I understand the use of percentages when using automation or an auto-panner but with straight mixing this is why I use LCR. Might be a silly way of looking at it but that is how it works in my head :D.

Yeah, that does make sense. Because I mix in MONO and only check stereo every once in a while LCR makes sense.

I dont know what production software to use to start out producing beats.. I am a total novice at everything pertaining to software and wonder what program would be best for me. Garageband doesn't seem to have any really hot sounds for hip hop music and when I try to manipulate the sounds they sound even worse. I have a mac and thats it so maybe someone can also give some knowledge about equipment I should buy also
Anyhelp much appreciated..

LinearDrummer1

Back