investing in mostly IK products

fataltone

Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
okay late next spring I'm going to start mixing for profit

this is my plan in it's infant stage

1.$1,000.00
exchange my auralex products "brought two sets of these back in 2002 when I didn't know better"
for GIK room kit #4

but keeping my 12 mini-fusors which I have stuffed with acoustic foam

2.$2,000
computer upgrade custom build i7,thunderbolt motherboard,40" hdtv etc...

3.$1,500
JBL LSR4328P Pak not buying this for their room correction but they are dang uncolored on their own great monitors for mixing

4.$200 Cubase 4 to 6 upgrade

5.$500 Komplete 8

6.$400 ART Digital MPA II $400 replacing the one I had to sell in hard times

7.$350 Mod'd MCA SP1 replacing my AKG Perception 420 that I had to sell in hard times

8. $300IK Multimedia AmpliTube 3

9.$600.00
IK Multimedia Engineering Tool Kit was just going to get the T-Racks Deluxe 3 and buy the CSR reverb pack seperate along with the black and white singles

but I was thinking the ARC Advanced Room Correction could but a great added value to my mixing

Budget is $6,500
all 9 items add up to $6,850 already over $350.00

so mainly my questions are
1.what can the ARC system do for me in addition to having the GIK acoutic room kit#4 room and with the JBL monitors being super flat in 20ft x25ft room?????

the reason I went from just getting the T-Rack 3 deluxe was because I was going to purchase the CSR reverb pack anyway
which would be a total of
$200 reverb + $400=$600 so it's seems to be no-brainer to just get the engineer tool kit

2. what is the advantages of buy AmpliTube 3 instead of just getting the free version????

because I could save $300 and only be over budget $50

but I plan on recording alot of acoustic and electric,bass guitarists but I would have Guitar Rig with my Komplete 8 purchase

so Free version of AmpliTube+Guitar Rig enough for guitar and singing demos/pitch songs ????

I think I could pull it off but I don't want to leave tools off the table that could help me find the sound I want faster and more efficient

a. if I brought the Mixing bundle kit $600 then brought AmpliTube and black& the white $500 together would I save more
than

b.buying AmpliTube and The Mixing Bundle kit $900 together and then buying the black & white???
according to the point system Peter posted

thanks guys I know this is long,long post but if you could answer some the main questions I would be highly in love with your pre-customer service
because there is no doubt I'm buying just looking for the best deal
again thanks for the help

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
Drop your monitors down a bit and look used. You may be able to get even better monitors for less money. If you DIY with the bass traps and acoustic treatment you can save 50% there too.

yeah I know about the monitors but I want that size or get two 24" monitors still $500
but if you know a site where I can find them cheaper please let me know sir
I know there's got to be some hidden gem of sites out there lol
and I'm not handle at all I rather just pay for the room kit
hanging them up going to be more trouble too lol..

but if you could help me out with these two questions from my first post

a. if I brought the Mixing bundle kit $600 then brought AmpliTube and black& the white $500 together would I save more
than

b.buying AmpliTube and The Mixing Bundle kit $900 together and then buying the black & white???

Sounds like it will be a good little adventure. I can stand by the IK Stuff, I use T-Racks on everything now.

Sounds like it will be a good little adventure. I can stand by the IK Stuff, I use T-Racks on everything now.

right doing my research I loved to get into the UAD plug-in because the emulations where great but paying for a very over-priced dongle the Quad SHARC card is just not worth it unless I get one second hand for super duper cheap.

and I found a great alternative in IK products I just hope along my adventure that they will make more emulation plug-ins like UAD but they are on the guitar amp emulations right now...

so mainly my questions are
1.what can the ARC system do for me in addition to having the GIK acoutic room kit#4 room and with the JBL monitors being super flat in 20ft x25ft room?????

ARC will take an audio photograph of your room and adjust it to what it thinks is the best sound in your room.
2. what is the advantages of buy AmpliTube 3 instead of just getting the free version????
No brainier on this one, more amps and effects to choose from :D.
because I could save $300 and only be over budget $50

but I plan on recording alot of acoustic and electric,bass guitarists but I would have Guitar Rig with my Komplete 8 purchase
so Free version of AmpliTube+Guitar Rig enough for guitar and singing demos/pitch songs ????
I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest you stick to Guitar Rig (even though Amplitube sounds unbelievable). If you have purchased an amp simulation there really is no need to buy it again.
than

Not sure about this one, I'd put them in the checkout and see which one comes up cheaper :D.

ARC will take an audio photograph of your room and adjust it to what it thinks is the best sound in your room.

do you own ARC and if so has it helped in addition to your treatment and Monitors??

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest you stick to Guitar Rig (even though Amplitube sounds unbelievable). If you have purchased an amp simulation there really is no need to buy it again.

but the vote always goes to Amplitube so why I should I pass up on it??
I have to see if I can boost up my budget if not ...it be a later purchase

Not sure about this one, I'd put them in the checkout and see which one comes up cheaper .

duh now that I think about it lol....

I'd DIY the treatment. That alone should get you under budget. If you don't need any of the added features of Cubase 6, then 4 should do. I looked at the Steinberg site when Cubase 6 was released and haven't looked since. As far as audio engineering and manipulation, Cubase peaked at version 4/5. Version 6 just adds more bundled instruments.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

I know you want to have a 40" monitor. While this is reasonable if you plan to have it far away from you, I've used a slightly larger LCD screen and it was hard to read certain things at about 10 feet away. I use a 24" LCD and at about 3 feet away, everything is easier to see.

The other thing to consider is that an LCD tv that does 1080p has a resolution of 1920x1080. My monitor does 1920x1200 and it works much better with the large Cubase mixer. You can even get slightly larger screen sub-$1000 and have 2500x1440 (or something like that) which gives you a lot more to work with.

do you own ARC and if so has it helped in addition to your treatment and Monitors??
No I don't, I'm basing my opinion on reviews (from pretty reasonable sources). I actually do a majority of my mixing with one speaker (mono) at a very low volume. I'm not as fussed on the condition of my room anymore.

but the vote always goes to Amplitube so why I should I pass up on it??

I have used both and believe Amplitube is better but Guitar Rig is still pretty decent and they are always improving it. I wouldn't buy both of them, I think the money could be used more effectively elsewhere.
I have to see if I can boost up my budget if not ...it be a later purchase
You could cover more ground with different plugins but if it is going to be one of your main tools then splash out.

Yeah I'd go with the AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, then add what you need as you go and your budget grows.

I'd make it a priority to get T-Racks, CSR and ARC together.

I know you don't want to DIY with the treatment, but its soooooooooooooo easy to do it. You can even buy the cases for them and then order the rock wool or 703 locally and slip them into their cases. Its as easy as putting a pillow in a pillow case. You'll save a TON of money that you can spend on GEAR and SOFTWARE.

There is a video out there where some dude explains acoustic treatment while some chick strips naked, was very original, amusing and didn't take away from the informative nature.

EDIT: Acoustic Treatment Exposed

i-watched-you-fap.png

Last edited:
Remember, we frequently have deals on AmpliTube Custom Shop gear so you could also add what you need/want a la carte during sales (Custom Shop purchases work within AmpliTube 3 Free of course) and you can try before you buy.

thanks I'm going to do this..great advice

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Yeah I'd go with the AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, then add what you need as you go and your budget grows.

I'd make it a priority to get T-Racks, CSR and ARC together.

I know you don't want to DIY with the treatment, but its soooooooooooooo easy to do it. You can even buy the cases for them and then order the rock wool or 703 locally and slip them into their cases. Its as easy as putting a pillow in a pillow case. You'll save a TON of money that you can spend on GEAR and SOFTWARE.

do you use ARC in your studio...I'm going to for sure get the Engineering Tool Kit along with the black and white and use the free version of Amplitude and expand as my budget allows

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Drop your monitors down a bit and look used. You may be able to get even better monitors for less money. If you DIY with the bass traps and acoustic treatment you can save 50% there too.

2 of these $300
Element 24" Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV, ELEFW244

dropping the Cubase upgrade till I make the money from mixing
along with the paid version of Amplitude for the free
so once I buy the white and black I'll be right on budget
and I'll look into doing my own acoustic treatment

thanks guys I'm going to have a killer setup better than I did before and after adding the Tascam DM-4800 and some favored preamps in 2014 I'll be on my way to my dream little studio

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

There is a video out there where some dude explains acoustic treatment while some chick strips naked, was very original, amusing and didn't take away from the informative nature.

EDIT: Acoustic Treatment Exposed

i-watched-you-fap.png

Ethan Weiner is legend over at Gearslutz.com

Last edited:
To an extent, he was banned for a bit because the tests he did weren't at all accurate and other pointless arguments that happen online everyday. He's just recently been reinstated there. He gets a mixed reaction on Gearslutz now.

To an extent, he was banned for a bit because the tests he did weren't at all accurate and other pointless arguments that happen online everyday. He's just recently been reinstated there. He gets a mixed reaction on Gearslutz now.

wow okay I didn't know that

We have always been cordial even though he seems to have a specific issue with ARC (haven't seen him go after other correction solutions but I could have just missed it) and every time it comes up we state clearly that we support using ARC together with treatment. We've never had negative vibes toward treatment, in fact we've bundled ARC with treatment in the past. It might be notable that it was a company with which he is not affiliated. Either way, all of that is water under the bridge in my book and we stand by the real people out there using ARC and getting satisfactory results. Even when used with treatment :)

We have always been cordial even though he seems to have a specific issue with ARC (haven't seen him go after other correction solutions but I could have just missed it) and every time it comes up we state clearly that we support using ARC together with treatment. We've never had negative vibes toward treatment, in fact we've bundled ARC with treatment in the past. It might be notable that it was a company with which he is not affiliated. Either way, all of that is water under the bridge in my book and we stand by the real people out there using ARC and getting satisfactory results. Even when used with treatment :)

I will be sure to use mines with treatment ARC will be icing to the cake in addition to just knowing my monitors and how certain music behaves in my environment

Do you guys mix in stereo or mono?

I alway mix in stereo
lke this

UnderstandingStudioMonitors_Placement_1_big.jpg

but I studied somethings about checking your mix in Mono

I know you mix in mono mostly what are the benefits you receive from doing so sir?? and did you always mix in Mono and if not why did you switch to Mono

Back