USB turntable sound quality

hutch1986

Anyone know of any good usb turntables? I'll be using it to transfer my collection of records so I need good sound quality. Any suggestions?

I'm not really aware of any USB turntables that'd be of really high quality - they're more like convenient low-end devices for people that want vinyl without the hassle.

Yea I get you, I want convenience but good sound quality too as the turntable I have lacks bass. It sounds ok when I have headphones connected directly into the turntable but, if my headphones are connected to the pc and I'm listening to the record through the pc there is hardly any bass. I have Xonar Essence STX soundcard if that helps. All I want is to transfer the records sound as it is supposed to sound and not lack any bass or anything. I can eq all the songs after to make it sound good but, there must be a turntable that just records "as is".

How are you recording the turntable you have now? How's everything connected? If the sound is ok with headphones, it's pretty clear there's something amiss in the recording process rather than the turntable itself.

Back