Turntable to Audio Interface Issue

jeepz

iAmJeepz.com
Hopefully i am just an idiot and there is a simple explanation/solution...

I have a Stanton T.9 USB, and a Roland Quad-Capture Interface.

When I plug in a 1/4 inch - rca cable to connect the two, the sound is fine minus the fact it is missing a lot of low-end (Bass is practically inaudible).

If I keep this cable to connect them, but pull out the 1/4 inch jack from the interface input, so that it is not completely plugged in, the low-end is there and fine, but there is now hiss/feedback.

Really annoying!! Anyone know why?

Oh, I just assumed the pre-amp in the interface would do the equivalent. Thanks for the info! I will look into buying a seperate pre-amp for the TT.

Sometimes it can be cheaper to get a used HiFi amp that has this built in .
Go for a good make that is low output power on the speaker side and the price will also be low (hopefully) .

Because it is recording in as a USB instrument, but I am listening to it real-time through the Audio Interface, which is my designated audio output.

I could enable monitoring within the DAW, but I prefer external monitoring as it affects recording vocals... plus I am looking for a way to listen without having to have my DAW on.

Sorry if I am not making sense, it makes sense in my mind haha!

No, you're making perfect sense. If you don't want to monitor through software, go for the preamp route by all means.

What Preamp did you get, and how does your setup look like now? Im wondering because i got the same interface and im looking to buy a turntable + preamp that works well with the quadcapture. Aint got much experience and is not educated in this area. So help from someone with the same interface is really appreciated.

Back