Trouble with Novation SKII and FL Studio. Please HELP

DavidRead

Hey everyone,

So I’m having a problem with my midi keyboard and FL studio which I’ve never come across before.

I opened up a project I’ve been working on and tried to play a bass-line I thought up, but instead of playing the notes on the individual instrument channel, the keyboard triggered different sounds based on the notes I played.

For example: when I hit the C note, it triggered the kick drum at the top of the pattern, then when I hit D, it triggered the clap, and so on and so forth, instead of playing the C and D notes of the bass.

I am using a Novation 61SL MKII, so I’m not sure if the issue is with some setting I have on the keyboard that I don’t know about or if it’s with a setting I have going in FL Studio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

what you describe seems to indicate that the novation is sending messages on channel 10 or that fl is receiving those messages and converting them to channel 10 (the GM standard MIDI drum channel)

so first up set your transmit channel on the novation (check your manual on how to do this) to MIDI channel 1

step 2 is to make sure that fl is receiving on channel 1 for the instrument part that you want

record and be happy

what you describe seems to indicate that the novation is sending messages on channel 10 or that fl is receiving those messages and converting them to channel 10 (the GM standard MIDI drum channel)

so first up set your transmit channel on the novation (check your manual on how to do this) to MIDI channel 1

step 2 is to make sure that fl is receiving on channel 1 for the instrument part that you want

record and be happy

Thanks for the help and sorry for bumping! I’ll give it a try.

Back