Yamaha MM6

E

embryonicstudio

Im looking to get this soon and i was just wondering if this board will be good for my skill level since i am just starting to make beats. I make hip hop beats and i was just wondering if anybody has or knows somebody who has this board and if it is a quality board for my 1st board. Thanx in advance for the answers

What are looking to do with it? Do you just want it as a sound source? Or do are you planning on trying to sequnce with it? What other equipment do you have?

I don't think there is a sequencer on the MM6 and if there is its very limited.

the board comes with cubase LE which is a good sequencer if im not mistaken...and as of right now i do not have any other equipment but i am looking to get something like the m audio trigger finger when i can get the money

i wouldnt get it stand alone. for about the same price u can get the original motif which offers a lot more. if u are strapped for cash try a triton or a Trinity or a Fantom S or the motif classic. Most emu modules also are going for rediculously chepa right now and sound great\

alright man thanx for the input...ill look into the other boards and try to find more info...

X you used to be a MM6 lover...lol

Real talk, get a motif classic or es6 for the same price. they are much better.

I still love the MM6 in some instances. Like for my setup a mm6 would be great but I have 3 keyboards and 3 racks already so a mm6 would be great for other odds and ends sounds

I was kind of digging it and then when I went and played it in person when it first came out, opinons changed. It is not a bad soundwise, but it feels a little too light and cheap to me. Also, the sequencing on board sucks, and the feature set leaves a little to be desired......this of course assuming you use it as a standalone. A motif classic is a much better solution at the same price point.

Yeah the board standalone is booty sauce unless ur doin like live shows imo. But if u can get an es rack in place of a mm6 I'd do it

Back