What type of synth rack would be good for down south hip hop?

H-RoB

I already have a fantom with a couple vsts but i still need more hi tech sounding synths and pads, synth leads and such. I'm lookin at the korg tr rack but i dont know much about it. im thinkin of a motif or alseis micron, i dont know much about the racks out there. I just need some real cutting edge synth sounds, techno sounds, stuff thats startin 2 turn up in down south prod.

you should do more research kuz ur ideas are a lil all over the place. A Korg TR rack is a korg Trinity which is closely tied to the Triton as is the TR keyboard but they arent the same. The Trinity came out before the Triton did. The trinity is the sh*t I have one and I love it but if you are looking for techno/southern kind of sounds in it you may be hard pressed to find what you want. Same goes for the motif. They are all kind of the same thing as ur fantom and will have a lot of similiarities. If I were in your shoes I'd get a look at a Micron like you have listed, a microkorg, an MS2000, or even the access virus depending on your budget really.

yea, if your lookin for hard synthy sounds, then get an actual synth. the ones xabition listed will do the trick.
LevLove

I would get an virtual analog synth...

On a budget; the Alesis Micron

Not on a budget: Nord Lead 2x

But really, I would mess around and tweak patches on the fantom, that thing has a lot of "crappy" patches, that just need a few knob turns and adjustments to be a sizzling synth.... "If you tweak, they will bang" lol

Xabiton said:
U say it like the fantom is the end all of keyboards swish

It would be if it had vactrol low pass gates for filters and amps, but then people would be upset that the filters weren't "snappy" enough. :monkey:

Vactrols? Fantom doesn't have those because it is not an analog synth.
As for the System 100: this is a System 100, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Fantom.

Original topic: a decent VA synth would do the trick. Some good ones already mentioned like Nord Lead, Virus. Since you say you use vsts also, ones like Zeta, Gladiator or Sylenth1 would fit the bill also.

longbongsilver said:
Vactrols? Fantom doesn't have those because it is not an analog synth.
As for the System 100: this is a System 100, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Fantom.

I think we need an emoticon on this site for jokes whooshing over the top of someone's head. :D

Array said:
I think we need an emoticon on this site for jokes whooshing over the top of someone's head. :D
Exactly, even with lol's and j/k's people take things too seriously.

There's tons of analog synth options that would fill that void you have, just make sure that's what you really want. There's tons of vsti's that can fill that void without the hastle that comes with the hardware, you'll jsut have to get into some heavy researching.

Array said:
I bet your Fantom can't do this!

Prolli cus Roland was too cheap to throw in some vactrols, or something.

the fantom can do that all you gotta do is sample and chop it :cheers:

Back