Which Synth Is the Best...

P

Phatmancam

I want to make techno. I need phat bass and drums sounds.
Tell me which one you think is the best choice, and why?

1. Korg MircoKORG
2. Alesis Micron
3. Novation XioSynth

(if you have other suggestions, let me know)

Phatmancam said:
I want to make techno. I need phat bass and drums sounds.
Tell me which one you think is the best choice, and why?

1. Korg MircoKORG
2. Alesis Micron
3. Novation XioSynth

(if you have other suggestions, let me know)

None of the above. Unless you intend to play live, software is a better solution than any of those.

What is your budget?

well i have found that i just can't get the sounds i want with MIDI instruments. I want to go analogue. my budget is about $400

Wow my apologies, not sure why my message posted so many times.

What are you currently working with? As the comment "i just can't get the sounds i want with MIDI instruments" doesn't make sense. Midi instrument is such a vague term an external synth is still (well in most cases) a midi instrument.

And if it is just the case you prefer hardware over software check out the mopho as mentioned or a used virus or jp-8080.

I removed the excess posts :)

"Sound" and "MIDI instrument" combined doesn't really compute. The Mopho is a good suggestion, unless a keyboard is required.

Im working in Logic Pro with the built in VST's and a couple I have acquired here and there. (Kontact, Stylus RMX.....). I do want to go with hardware, prefurable a synth that has MIDI capibillities.

sorry, but nothing you listed is "analogue", so i'd doubt you'd find the sound your lookin for there either. especially since you mention you have Logic (with it's extensive soundbank) and all those other plugins. if you can't find the sound you want in any of that stuff, your not gonna find it in a stand alone box, which basically means if your lookin for a certain sound, you might want to look into synth programming so you can get the exact sound your looking for. it's hard to find the sound you want when you're searching presets, the only way to get the sound you want is to make it.
LevLove

Learn the synths that come with Logic. They're pretty deep. I agree with what was said about learning to program synths. If you learn how to get under the hood and tweak the synth, you should be able to get whatever sound you want.

M.L.B. Productions said:
Get the following vsts:

Sylenth1
Nexus
Zebra
FM8
Absynth

If u have any questions, PM me. I also use logic

That sounds like it will be out of his price range.

you know, the micron can spit out some pretty decent drums, and you can sequence the drums right in the box with the fancyass arpeggiator.

but i'd agree that it's probably best to use the inboard logic drum sampler - pick up a synth out of your list and use it for bass, lead, whatever. if you get tired of the samples in logic, then .... well you've obviously got the internet. free .wavs abound.

Back