Setting up Audio/MIDI with FL Studio 7 XXL

Basilias

Hey everyone! I just bought a M-Audio Fast Track Pro (thanks to the suggestion by baybelolife and Guitar Center employees) anyways I have the cables set up correctly, my audio cables from my Juno G into the FTP and my Midi out on the juno into the in on the FTP. I also downloaded the driver for the windows vista 64 bit from the M-Audio website, installed that, and the FTP S/PDIF is set as my default sound device.

Now what I want to know is how to set it up so I can use the MIDI playing for VST's and sounds on the computer (the set up seems to be different than when I used USB MIDI from my Juno directly to the computer) and be able to use the sounds on my Juno inside FL Studio. I can't find my FL Studio manual anywhere and I tried using the contents part in FL Studio and I'm confused at what I exactly need to do.

Thanks if you can help me and if I didn't give enough details please tell me what details I should give you so I can help you! I really need help in figuring out how to set this up.

~Nick

select the FTP in the midi pref in FL like you did the juno. you may have to enable it if it's already in the list and not working yet. also, check the settings on the juno, do you have to do anything to get the midi to go out the midi ports as opposed to stayin inside the machine and triggering it's internal sounds? don't make that lame manual excuse tho, there manual is there inside FL, neatly tucked away under the help menu, labled as "help". it's better than that paper manual you never had because you can actually search in there like you would google or you can open modules and hit the F1 key which will bring you directly to the manual page for that module. for instance, want to learn how to change the pad assignments on the FPC or how to program the Sytrus? just open an instance of the fpc or sytrus and hit the F1 key, brings up the fpc and sytrus pages respectivly. you have the knowledge, now what are you gonna do with it, wha what wha whaaat?
LevLove

I know about the help thing inside FL Studio but like I said I am sorta confused by it. Anyways any help for getting the audio to work?

This is my first time I've had a audio interface and before then it was just me using my Juno as a midi for my VSTs. I have my Juno in the usb midi mode because I set it so it always turned on like that but I don't think it will work anymore cause it's going through the audio interface now but I could be wrong. My Juno manual doesn't really say anything else about connections really besides USB-Midi.

Ima fiddle around with it again and Ima ask at the M-Audio and Roland forums too. Thanks for answering though!

Edit: ****, I just realized I posted this in the hardware forum. Should I post it in the DAW and Computer/Audio interface forum instead?

Last edited:
this isn't really hard, if the FTP is recognized by windows, just add it to the pref in FL. it should work. if it doesn't, you need to contact m-audio if it still doesn't work. play some audio in FL (an audio loop, not a plugin), make sure the mix knob on the FTP is in the middle, it should playback sound. you have the juno's midi out running the FTP midi in via a regular midi cable? you should still be able to use the usb-midi from the juno just as you did before, but selecting the FTP as the audio i/o in the pref, not really sure where the breakdown is for you but it's a pretty simple set up. what do you have selected in the pref?
LevLove

Allright checked my Juno is correct for the USB settings like you said. These are my preferences for fl studio:
Midi Output: nothing is on here
Midi Input: FTP Midi In, generic controller, active
Audio Output: Speakers (im using my regular computer speakers)
Under audio it doesn't say a input. Thats basically how it looks.

Also I have been reading through threads here and searching through google and in a thread here it says I should disable any soundcards but the FTP.

I'm gonna call M-Audio support tomorrow when I get up since its from 7 AM to 7 PM pacific. If they're able to help me then I'll post here what I did.

If you can thouh please help me still!

Last edited:
Bump. I keep forgetting to call the M-Audio people cause I get home so late after school and work and by then it's closed. The weekends I've been busy too. But tomorrow I can call cause I got the time off.

Anyways I've been looking on the internet around for help too but I still can't seem to get it to work. I've read somewhere that under my sounds for playback devices that only S/PDIF should be the only one enabled. So should I disable the other ones? But if I do this then how am I suppose to hear it since my speakers aren't monitors and hook to my computer through USB. Thanks if you can answer this quick question. Hopefully I can get this resolved tomorrow!

~Nick

Back