Pad Controller to master synth patches?

Bmxsulli

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to hook up a pad controller to a synth to navigate through different synth patches.
To be more specific, I have a korg padkontrol, and I want to run it to either my m audio venom synth or my microkorg in order to navigate through different patches I have saved. I run a large number of synths during my bands live shows, and turning knobs can be tedious every time I was to change to a different sound on each keyboard. So it would be nice if I could simply trigger a pad on my controller to change the synth setting, rather than go through the process of navigating to them each manually.
anyway, I just want to know if this is a possibility. Thanks!

Last edited:
this can be done doing midi out i just figured it out about 40 minutes ago after askin about multiple input recording.

basically selecting patches will be impossible like that but if they're already on channels then you can use either layers or midi outs to trigger them

actually it should be possible; it depends on how you interpret the messages

- you can transform the MIDI messages coming from the individual pads on the pad controller so that they become program changes instead of notes
- you just need to set up the mapping to begin with

transforming the message can be done
- at the pad controller (i.e. you rig a patch that is exactly what you want it to be) or
- in software, using a transform midi routine
-- most daws have this features as well

without a specific model, that is about all that can be told right now

if you were feeling adventurous, you might consider custom designing an arduino rig to do this for you - firmware would need to be written and some design of interface devices but would cost about as much as a pad controller and much more fun as you can re-customise it whenever you need some new toy.......

Last edited:
maybe if he wanted to he could probably somehow make one of those buttons on his thing act like arrow keys, fl studio and a few other daws have some crap called ruby but im code phobias so i try not to go near that setting :/

Back