Need another controller for Reason 4/Ableton...

chew

I currently have an axiom 61 and Reason 4, and I am looking to ad another controller to my setup for playing live shows.

I want to get the Akai APC40 when it comes out, but I need something before then. I am thinking about the Beringer BCF2000.

I am also curious if Reason can run more than one controler via USB? Or do I need to use a midi connection between the two devices?

I am looking for some tips and feedback on all of the above, thanks!

I have a bcf 2000 and love it but I think that unless ur mixing with it the controller is useless. I'd look into the bcr 2000 which has 32 rotary knobs instead. And yes reason can use multiple controllers from seperate usb sources

cool, thanks for the tips. I dont need another controller AS much to mix on the fly as I do to launch clips in and out and to control them.

I think I am actually leaning towards the Akai MPD32 now, as I think it might suit my needs a little better.

Is there anything special to using 2 different controllers at once, or will Reason read them both automatically?

Nothing particular. Just setup the 2nd controller the same way you did the 1st. I've never used the auto find so I don't know if it will detect both devices or not.

Back