MIDI Problems

MoSax

Hey I just got an axiom 49 keyboard, and it seems to be working alright, but not to it's full potential. I've been having several problems that need to be fixed so I can really get into this keyboard. And if it helps, I'm running on an intel core 2 duo @ 2.0ghz, with 2gb of ram

1. This one has been bugging me a while, it's about my sound card. I have a sound blaster audigy, and I downloaded the asio drivers so that it could run smooth in fl studio 8. So I select it under the devices in audio settings, and go to configure everything in the "ASIO Panel," but no matter how high I put the buffer size, all I get when I hit a key is that fuzzy, glitch type sound (I think this has to do with the underruns?) So basically, I can't get a decent latency with the ASIO drivers, can anyone help me with this?

2. When trying to configure the keyboard with enigma, I can't send any presets to the keyboard, it just won't let me click the button. So I looked in the MIDI setup options, and when I try to select the axiom as an input, it tells me I don't have enough RAM, and to close some programs. I can't get past this, no matter how many programs I close, do I need to upgrade RAM?

3. When I tried the keyboard on reason 4, it couldn't detect the keyboard, but I think this may because I haven't updated to 4.01, is this the problem? If not what can I do to get reason to auto detect my keyboard?

thanks, sorry for all the questions, just really wanna get to making some clean beats

1. try to play with the Output Latency.. it's in milliseconds, like: 5 ms.
usually a very low setting produces noise, so start with the lowest setting and move tjr slider up while playing something on your midi keyboard until the noises stop.

2. I'm not familiar with Enigma.. but the error message is probably referring to the preset memory on your Axiom?! maybe there's an option to unlock the preset memory so you can overwrite it!?
but I'm sure it's not related to your system memory.. unless you have a PC from 1991 with 64Mb? lol
If I were you I'd get the latest drivers/Enigma software from M-Audio download section and start from there.
If all fails contact M-Audio technical support, they should know why it's doing that.

3. no it's not a problem, that depends if the makers of Reason have added a preset for your keyboard.. if not, you could select "generic" or "other"..

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back