MIDI Help!

Lodda79

OK...I Have The Triton Studio Music Workstation/Sampler, a Roland MC-909, & The MBox 2. Can anyone assist me with linking all of these together? I've searched youtube and this site for help but, I haven't found anything. I really need to know if I can get someone to take time out to help me. I'm not a newbie but, I'm no expert either!

really, you should skip the faux vid tutorials and start in the manuals. thats really the best play for this kind of help. but i'm bout to tell you how to hook up any peice of midi equipment ever made, midi out to midi in. thats it. start at the source and follow it back to where you want it all to end up. decide where you want to sequence (triton, 909, PT) then go midi OUT of 1 machine, to midi IN of the next machine and run the midi THRU to the mbox. midi OUT of the mbox, to midi IN on the first machine, midi THRU to the next machine. there are many ways to hook this up this set up, it's really up to you to decide what you are tryin to accomplish. you should read up on midi, because even if you take my advice, it might not be condusive to what you're tryin to do, thats why i suggest you read up on midi and learn your craft, that way you can make the most out of your equipment. check out http://tweakheadz.com/guide.htm and read up on the midi portion inparticular. hope that helps.
LevLove

Back