MIDI controller and FL studio question

Dj BioMas

For anyone who knows FL well I have a burning question and I cannot find an answer anywhere.

What I want to know is how to use a MIDI controller with knobs, faders etc to pitch and trigger notes on the piano roll. For example a fader controlling the pitch of the note ie the middle position of the fader being middle c and a toggle button being able to trigger the note.

Not sure if this is even possible but any help would be appreciated, thanks!

you would need to have some way to map that controller to midi note numbers which may or may not be possible in fl - check the help at image-line

It sounds to me that you have a new product idea.
If I understand you correctly, I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for in an existing product.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Ya, that is what I want I want to figure out. So far I have had no luck with Image-Line's help guides.

Ya that's what I was worried about lol. My ultimate goal is to integrate Hot Hand midi usb into my set up. The makers of the product say it can be used to play notes in FL but it seems like it does not automatically produce midi note data, just controller data for faders and such. Since I don't have one yet I can't know for sure so I figure if I can do it with a midi controller I would be able to do it with the hot hand.

Just cruising the internets I came across herrmutt lobby's beatfader which looks like it does just what I want. :D

Ya that's what I was worried about lol. My ultimate goal is to integrate Hot Hand midi usb into my set up. The makers of the product say it can be used to play notes in FL but it seems like it does not automatically produce midi note data, just controller data for faders and such. Since I don't have one yet I can't know for sure so I figure if I can do it with a midi controller I would be able to do it with the hot hand.

give me a week and i can tell you more about the hot hand (got a review copy yesterday)

give me a week and i can tell you more about the hot hand (got a review copy yesterday)

Back