How Do I Sync My Fantom To Pro Tools Using The Usb As Midi

amgrecords

I want to sync my Roland Fantom x6 to Pro Tools using the usb cable as midi that way I can dump my track into Pro Tools and use it as a midi keyboard thru Pro Tools THANKS in advance

wow, and i'm sure this was no where in the fantom manual? does the fantom even do midi over usb? if it does, it should be a matter of hookin up the usb cable and following the directions that came with it. it's usb, it can't be that hard. once the usb device is recognized, set it up in the protools midi settings. this is the easiest stuff ever, dont' be afraid to read up on your tools so you know what you are capable of. put forth some effort man, this is the basics of music production, if you are stumped here, what are you going to do later down the line.
LevLove

Wrong Idea

LevLover said:
wow, and i'm sure this was no where in the fantom manual? does the fantom even do midi over usb? if it does, it should be a matter of hookin up the usb cable and following the directions that came with it. it's usb, it can't be that hard. once the usb device is recognized, set it up in the protools midi settings. this is the easiest stuff ever, dont' be afraid to read up on your tools so you know what you are capable of. put forth some effort man, this is the basics of music production, if you are stumped here, what are you going to do later down the line.
LevLove

Hi guess I worded my question wrong 1- I read the fantom manual and I did everything correct because I use my keyboard in various programs as a midi board (Reason, Fruityloops, etc.) Pro tools is the only app im having problems with. I want to dump my tracks into Protools with perfect tempo and I cant figure out how that done on the Pro tools side because I set my keyboard to slave-midi and mmc to slave too etc. but pro tools

read up on the PT clock options. i'm sure it's a matter of setting it up to send midi clock (or whatever you use) to whatever midi devices you have set up in PT's midi studio.
LevLove

Back